How to make a video like this on a Mac

• Thread starter torquerotates
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac Video
In summary,To record your screen on a Mac, you can use the built-in QuickTime Player app. There are many software options available for making videos on a Mac, such as iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro. You can also add music or narration to your video using iMovie or other video editing software on a Mac. Additionally, most video editing software on a Mac offer a wide range of transitions and effects that you can add to your video. Lastly, you can export your video in various formats on a Mac, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, etc, and adjust the video quality and resolution for compatibility with different devices and platforms.
torquerotates

Now this guy makes a video very similar to how Khan Academy would. But the difference is that he can actually put well printed equations( maybe latex) into it as well as circle things to monentarely highlight while not having to erase.

So, any idea what software he uses? Is this even feasible on the mac?

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Wacom Bamboo Tablet with Smooth Draw

1. How do I record my screen on a Mac?

To record your screen on a Mac, you can use the built-in QuickTime Player app. Open the app and go to File > New Screen Recording. Click the red record button and select the area of your screen you want to record. When done, click the stop button in the menu bar and save your recording.

2. What software do I need to make a video on a Mac?

There are many software options available for making videos on a Mac, but some popular choices include iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere Pro. These programs offer various features and levels of complexity, so it's best to research and choose one that best fits your needs and skill level.

3. Can I add music or narration to my video on a Mac?

Yes, you can add music or narration to your video using iMovie or other video editing software on a Mac. You can import audio files and add them to your video timeline, adjust the volume, and even record your own voiceover using a built-in microphone or external one.

4. How can I add transitions and effects to my video on a Mac?

Most video editing software on a Mac, such as iMovie or Final Cut Pro, offer a wide range of transitions and effects that you can add to your video. These can enhance the visual appeal and flow of your video and make it more engaging for viewers.

5. Can I export my video in different formats on a Mac?

Yes, you can export your video in various formats on a Mac, depending on the software you are using. Most video editing programs offer options to export your video in different file types, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. You can also adjust the video quality and resolution when exporting to ensure compatibility with different devices and platforms.