Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I How to obtain the resonance frequencies of a given material?

1. Apr 19, 2017 #1
    The frequency of plasma already achieved ... in a study, is presented the resonance frequency in eV, how to obtain in Hz? Wo = 7eV

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Can you provide a lot more context to your question and more details? What was the experimental setup?

4. Apr 19, 2017 #3
    Basically, my study is to draw a permissivity curve by frequency, using the Lorentz oscillator, I need some parameters, such as plasma frequency and resonance frequency of the material, I can not find in the literature the frequency of resonance of the PET material

5. Apr 19, 2017 #4

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Resonance at audio ? RF ? what ? ( I'm assuming RF)
    and please confirm what you mean by PET material ?
    the mechanical resonance ( sound wave) of a block of material will depend on things like its size, shape, density, temperature etc

6. Apr 19, 2017 #5
  7. Apr 19, 2017 #6
    PET, Polyethylene terephthalate, I want to know how to obtain the parameters of the lorentz oscillator, for this material, PET, a material that requires an extra complexity not to be pure, like gold or aluminum

Sorry for bad English.

8. Apr 19, 2017 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, I know there is a language barrier, but this thread is closed temporarily for Moderation...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook