1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I How to obtain the resonance frequencies of a given material?

1. Apr 19, 2017 #1
    The frequency of plasma already achieved ... in a study, is presented the resonance frequency in eV, how to obtain in Hz? Wo = 7eV

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2017 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

Can you provide a lot more context to your question and more details? What was the experimental setup?

4. Apr 19, 2017 #3
    Basically, my study is to draw a permissivity curve by frequency, using the Lorentz oscillator, I need some parameters, such as plasma frequency and resonance frequency of the material, I can not find in the literature the frequency of resonance of the PET material

5. Apr 19, 2017 #4

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Resonance at audio ? RF ? what ? ( I'm assuming RF)
    and please confirm what you mean by PET material ?
    the mechanical resonance ( sound wave) of a block of material will depend on things like its size, shape, density, temperature etc

6. Apr 19, 2017 #5
  7. Apr 19, 2017 #6
    PET, Polyethylene terephthalate, I want to know how to obtain the parameters of the lorentz oscillator, for this material, PET, a material that requires an extra complexity not to be pure, like gold or aluminum

Sorry for bad English.

8. Apr 19, 2017 #7

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, I know there is a language barrier, but this thread is closed temporarily for Moderation...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook