How to obtain the resonance frequencies of a given material?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Andre Teixeira
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
The frequency of plasma already achieved ... in a study, is presented the resonance frequency in eV, how to obtain in Hz? Wo = 7eV
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Andre Teixeira said:
The frequency of plasma already achieved ... in a study, is presented the resonance frequency in eV, how to obtain in Hz? Wo = 7eV
Welcome to the PF.

Can you provide a lot more context to your question and more details? What was the experimental setup?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Andre Teixeira
Basically, my study is to draw a permissivity curve by frequency, using the Lorentz oscillator, I need some parameters, such as plasma frequency and resonance frequency of the material, I can not find in the literature the frequency of resonance of the PET material
 
Andre Teixeira said:
I can not find in the literature the frequency of resonance of the PET material

Resonance at audio ? RF ? what ? ( I'm assuming RF)
and please confirm what you mean by PET material ?
the mechanical resonance ( sound wave) of a block of material will depend on things like its size, shape, density, temperature etc
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Andre Teixeira
DaveC49 said:
Do you mean permitttivity rather than permissivity? Look up the definitions. You may find this link useful chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electri...-spring-2011/readings/MIT6_007S11_lorentz.pdf

PET, Polyethylene terephthalate, I want to know how to obtain the parameters of the lorentz oscillator, for this material, PET, a material that requires an extra complexity not to be pure, like gold or aluminum

Sorry for bad English.
 
Sorry, I know there is a language barrier, but this thread is closed temporarily for Moderation...