How to rewrite x/ (x-2) > 2 in the form P(x)/ Q(x) > 0?

  • Thread starter Thread starter elmosworld403
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Calculus Intro
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
elmosworld403
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Solve x/ x-2 >2 by first rewriting it in the form P(x) / Q(x) >0


How do I go about first rewriting it into that form?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
elmosworld403 said:
Solve x/ x-2 >2 by first rewriting it in the form P(x) / Q(x) >0

How do I go about first rewriting it into that form?
I assume you mean , Solve x/(x-2) > 2 .

Parentheses are important. What you wrote literally means [itex]\displaystyle \ \ \frac{x}{x}-2>2\ .[/itex]To get started on the problem, add 2 to both sides.

Then make the expression on the left side into one rational expression.
 
SammyS said:
I assume you mean , Solve x/(x-2) > 2 .

Parentheses are important. What you wrote literally means [itex]\displaystyle \ \ \frac{x}{x}-2>2\ .[/itex]

Yes sorry

X/ (X-2) > 2


and form (P(x))/(Q(x)) > 0
 
Last edited:
elmosworld403 said:
Yes sorry

X/ (X-2) > 2

and form (P(x))/(Q(x)) > 0
See the little bit I added to my previous post after you quoted it.