How to sell math/physics textbooks in Europe?

In summary, the speaker is looking for recommendations on how to sell their undergraduate physics and mathematics textbooks in Europe, particularly in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Germany. They have tried using Facebook Marketplace and eBay without success and are now seeking other options. One suggestion is to try selling on Amazon as they also have a second-hand book market.
gillouche
Gold Member
Hello everyone,

I don't know if that's the correct place to ask this (didn't want to pollute the science and math textbooks recommendations), sorry if it is not.

I have undergraduate physics and mathematics textbooks that I am trying to sell. I live in Belgium and I bought textbooks recommended on physicsforums (mainly recommended textbooks in the US it seems).

I tried Facebook Marketplace and ebay without success because these books are not used by the belgian universities.

The books are in perfect conditions and I am willing to let them go for a good price. I have no use of them and they just take dust in my library.

Would you have some recommendations on how to find buyers in Europe (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany preferred)?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I usually look on amazon. They also sell second-hand books, so there must be sellers. It is certainly better than ebay or FB with their wide unspecific range of customers.

Likes gillouche and Wrichik Basu
fresh_42 said:
I usually look on amazon. They also sell second-hand books, so there must be sellers. It is certainly better than ebay or FB with their wide unspecific range of customers.
Thanks, I'll try that. :)

1. How do I determine the market demand for math/physics textbooks in Europe?

To determine the market demand for math/physics textbooks in Europe, you can conduct market research by looking at sales data, analyzing trends, and surveying potential customers. You can also reach out to bookstores and universities in Europe to get a better understanding of the demand for these textbooks.

2. What are the best platforms to sell math/physics textbooks in Europe?

Some of the best platforms to sell math/physics textbooks in Europe include online marketplaces such as Amazon, eBay, and AbeBooks, as well as textbook-specific websites like TextbookRush and Chegg.

3. How do I price my math/physics textbooks for the European market?

The pricing of your textbooks will depend on various factors such as the demand, competition, and the condition of your books. It is important to research the market and see what other sellers are charging for similar textbooks. You can also consider offering discounts or bundle deals to attract more customers.

4. What are the shipping and handling considerations when selling math/physics textbooks in Europe?

When selling textbooks in Europe, you will need to consider the shipping and handling costs. It is important to research the shipping rates and delivery times for different countries in Europe. You can also offer options for faster shipping at an additional cost to cater to customers who need their textbooks urgently.

5. Are there any legal or cultural considerations to keep in mind when selling math/physics textbooks in Europe?

Yes, there are some legal and cultural considerations to keep in mind when selling textbooks in Europe. It is important to research the copyright laws and regulations in each country to ensure that you are selling your textbooks legally. Additionally, you should also be aware of any cultural differences that may affect your marketing and sales strategies in Europe.