ddnath Messages 16 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jan 8, 2015 #1 Can anybody tell me about the book 'Quantum Physics' by Stephen Gasiorowicz? You can give some comparison with other books such as Griffiths or Shankar's QM book.
Can anybody tell me about the book 'Quantum Physics' by Stephen Gasiorowicz? You can give some comparison with other books such as Griffiths or Shankar's QM book.
atyy Science Advisor Messages 15,171 Reaction score 3,379 Jan 8, 2015 #2 I think Gasiorowicz's first chapter is outstanding because it talks about thermodynamics. However, I found Shankar's book is easier to learn from.
I think Gasiorowicz's first chapter is outstanding because it talks about thermodynamics. However, I found Shankar's book is easier to learn from.
ddnath Messages 16 Reaction score 0 Jan 8, 2015 #3 Can anybody tell me about chapter wise comparison.At least few chapters of Gasiorowicz's book?
Demystifier Science Advisor Insights Author Messages 14,929 Reaction score 7,637 Jan 9, 2015 #4 You can find a lot of different opinions on the book at the amazon page(s): http://www.amazon.com/dp/0471057002/?tag=pfamazon01-20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/0471057002/?tag=pfamazon01-20 Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
You can find a lot of different opinions on the book at the amazon page(s): http://www.amazon.com/dp/0471057002/?tag=pfamazon01-20 https://www.amazon.com/dp/0471057002/?tag=pfamazon01-20