How would Jesus select a Justice to the U.S. Supreme Court?

• News
  • Thread starter McGyver
  • Start date
SOS2008
Gold Member
Following discovery of new writings, there has been controversy that Jesus and Mary were married, and that the Church suppressed this information to be in keeping with the image they wanted people to have. So personally I don't believe Jesus was a homosexual, and since he was a peaceful man, I don't believe him to be a terrorist.

Jesus believed in the right to choose--not to be forced to practice religious beliefs. Instead, we all answer directly to God for our choices. And so it should be for religious beliefs of when life begins, or gay rights, or any of the other religious issues.

pattylou said:
Yeah. She'd laugh too. I knew it sounded corny, but really, us hell-bound atheists are a part of the community! I posted it because I am pretty hard on christians on the internet. In other words, it was an effort to keep fences mended.

What was the motivation for *your* post? Hmmm?
I just like giving you a hard time, Patty.

pattylou said:
I believe he was an anarchist in at least one sense of the word - In the sense that he thought those in "power" had no "power" and he wanted others to see that as well.

What do you think about the homosexual terrorist idea? I'm sure lots of terrorists are mystics, and lots of homosexuals too.
I think this could be constued as an attack on a religeous belief. I'm personally offended by this and I hope that the moderators realize that such remarks our out of line.

well any comments about the real person of JC will be found to offend some
and all religions try to limit discussion of valid ideas they donot like

the modern thumpers narrow views of the teaching of JC are heavy with revisions
mostly by saul/paul who invented a pop religion that while eazy to spread
didnot reflect the true teachings very well
then add on 2000 years, allmost, of church dogma and you get todays very split
church in that very few cults agree on what is the message

I think Thomas is the closest to the true words and teaching ideas of JC
a personal belife system not based on or biased by church dogma
the man who spoke those words would want a fair and unbiased judge
but also prohibit judgeing of people only laws are to be judged
and would be againts what most thumpers call GODs LAWs being inforced
by the state as he favored personal choise over compelling people to do
the right thing
and didnot follow the books laws himself but what some would call a higher standerd
of what is the right thing to do, not what the old books laws said

McGyver
Pengwuino said:
Yah, its like asking who would Jesus pick to head the IMF.

I mean come on, we all realize you just want to post another thread bashing conservative christians. Just come out with it already, don't pose a contradictory question to make it seem like there is something new to this argument.
I have posed a logical and well-founded question. It is neither Conservative, nor Liberal, and I seek fairness and open reasoning. You have attacked the messenger with rhetoric. Please simply ANSWER the question.

A well-known author and public speaker by the name of Ken Blanchard, writes and speaks on how Jesus was the ideal leader, and He should be modeled by CEOs and those holding public office today. Religious groups have posed questions on such things as to what type of auto would Jesus drive - so I think my question is a valid question.

McGyver
Discussion delves into History, into modern Physics.

My thread and question raises a key discussion regarding “historical Christian writings,” faith, and leadership - and perhaps their overzealous interpretation and adoption by key Christian organizations today. I am concerned that some of these organizations ABUSE their powers of influence over followers in a manner inconsistent with Jesus’ teachings.

I seek “supporting reasoning” from Christian conservatives who hold the view that a new Supreme Court should be shaped so as to overturn Roe v. Wade, and mandate new list of “religious values” for ALL Americans to live by.

As for the modern “physics” implication of my question, it raises the principle of “cause and effect,” that thoughts, spoken words, and actions are ALL forms of energy, which once set in motion - traverse the universe until they are absorbed by their intended target(s) – where these as inanimate objects and life-forms react and subsequently respond to the energy. Positive energies tend to initiate positive responses, and negative energies tend to solicit negative responses and actions. In building inanimate objects, things, relationships, and organizations – you plan, plan, then enact those plans. You try NOT to senselessly or recklessly throw around energy.

In crafting this discussion, I have set positive logical thought and energy in motion with the intent of soliciting those in the U.S., on the receiving end – to THINK – and that maybe, just maybe, my energy might bring about a more positive and healthful direction for this country. Logic seems to be running in short supply!

Evo
Mentor
Unfortunately this just isn't turning into a productive discussion.

vanesch
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
McGyver said:
In short, “How might Jesus select a justice to the U.S. Supreme Court?”
I think it is obvious he'd pick me. Unless he saves me for the job of president :smile: