How's UC Santa Barbra undergrad in term high-energy physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Moelf
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm an applying high school student. I know something about the field so don't worrying talking about the subject itself just assume I know how research works. I want to know how does it feel like to be a student in UCSB physics department if you want to have high-energy particle physics as career. In addition, I also want to know the process of p.h.d application: what you do in the last year(s) of undergrad? how do you accumulate research experience in school? how do you find research group and prof.?

Thank you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
It has a strong program, but undergraduates really don't specialize. You might get to take one course in HEP as an undergrad.