Human cloning was yet scientifically possible

In summary, human cloning is currently not a scientifically viable option, although it has been achieved with animals in the past. Due to ethical concerns and bans in many countries, there has been little advancement in improving the methods. However, there may be countries where human cloning is legal, but people are not moving there to pursue it.
The_Absolute
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20100329/158353194.html

I didn't even realize that human cloning was yet scientifically possible. I know that some scientists cloned a sheep many years ago. But other than that, I didn't know people could be plausibly cloned yet.

Biology news on Phys.org

The_Absolute said:
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20100329/158353194.html

I didn't even realize that human cloning was yet scientifically possible. I know that some scientists cloned a sheep many years ago. But other than that, I didn't know people could be plausibly cloned yet.

The technology to make human cloning viable isn't really availible but that by no means is to say that it's not scientifically possible.

The_Absolute said:

A sheep is really no different (in terms of making a clone), than a human would be...so yes, it is certainly plausible.

I still can't figure out why it's banned everywhere beforehand. Whats the big deal? Too many Sci-Fi movies?

the cloned animals arent perfect copies of the original. The sheep picture we see when we google it was like the 300th trial before they finally got something that could grow up and didnt die. The theory and protocols used are extremely expensive and because of all the bans, no one has really made any significant efforts in improving the methods.

It's ethical issues that prevents people from pursuing it

mazinse said:
because of all the bans, no one has really made any significant efforts in improving the methods.

Are there countries where human cloning is not legally forbidden? If yes, why people who want to improve the methods do not move to those countries?

What is human cloning?

Human cloning is the process of creating genetically identical copies of a human being through artificial means.

Is human cloning currently possible?

No, human cloning is not yet scientifically possible. While scientists have successfully cloned animals, such as sheep and dogs, the technology and ethical considerations surrounding human cloning are still being researched and debated.

Why is human cloning not yet possible?

There are several reasons why human cloning is not yet possible. One reason is that the technology and techniques used for cloning animals may not work the same way for humans. Additionally, there are many ethical considerations and concerns surrounding human cloning that must be carefully addressed before it can be considered a viable option.

What are the potential benefits of human cloning?

Some potential benefits of human cloning include the ability to produce organs or tissues for medical purposes, such as transplant surgeries, and the ability to study genetic diseases and find potential cures. However, these potential benefits must be weighed against ethical considerations and potential risks.

What are the ethical concerns surrounding human cloning?

The main ethical concerns surrounding human cloning include the potential for exploitation, loss of individuality, and harm to the clones themselves. There are also concerns about the societal implications and potential for abuse of the technology. These issues must be carefully considered and addressed before human cloning can be considered a viable option.