Humor Books: Intro to Theory, Psychology, Philosophical Perspectives

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dauden
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Book Humor
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Dauden
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Is anyone aware of a book that tackles humor as a subject? The best one I could find is humor's role in forming persuasive arguments (http://www.pearsonhighered.com/educator/academic/product/0,3110,0321434900,00.html).

I'm just looking for one that might tackle it on a philosophical, psychological, or another similar point of view. So far, I haven't found any books like "Intro to Humor" or something. I know there are things being done to research humor (my psychology professor has done research on humor's effect on personality). There has to be some kind of book out there on different aspects of humor or theories of it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Dauden! :smile:

Have you tried a google book-search …

type "humour" (or "humor" :rolleyes:), then click the "More" drop-down menu in the menu bar, and click "Books". :wink:
 
I have a little book called 'stop me if you've heard this' (a history and philosophy of jokes) by Jim Holt . Published by Profile books, 3A Exmouth House, Pine st, London.
ISBN 978-1-84668-109-7
Quite short, 130 pages.
Hope this is of some help