HVAC engineering experts available?

In summary, the conversation revolves around finding an HVAC engineer or physicist who can provide insights on heat transfer. The advice given is to post a question in the appropriate forum and include links to any relevant research. It is suggested to reach out to user @russ_watters for assistance.
treB321
Anybody know an HVAC engineer or physicist? Curious about heat transfer

Physics news on Phys.org
treB321 said:
Anybody know an HVAC engineer or physicist? Curious about heat transfer
Of course. We have a number of such folks here. Post your question in the ME forum (for HVAC questions) or the Classical Physics forum (for heat transfer questions), and post links to the reading you have been doing so far to try to answer your own question. The more effort you can show in your posts, the better help we can provide. Thanks. :smile:

Likes Lnewqban
berkeman said:
Of course. We have a number of such folks here. Post your question in the ME forum (for HVAC questions) or the Classical Physics forum (for heat transfer questions), and post links to the reading you have been doing so far to try to answer your own question. The more effort you can show in your posts, the better help we can provide. Thanks. :smile:
OK thanks. Probably need to think a bit more about the specifics.

Likes berkeman
@russ_watters might be of help. You can look him up and maybe PM or direct a post at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes russ_watters
Thanks...a new thread in the appropriate forum (presumably mechanical engineering) would be best.

1. What is HVAC engineering?

HVAC engineering is a branch of mechanical engineering that focuses on the design, installation, and maintenance of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in buildings. It involves the use of science and technology to create comfortable and safe indoor environments.

2. Why do I need an HVAC engineering expert?

An HVAC engineering expert has specialized knowledge and experience in designing and maintaining HVAC systems. They can help ensure that your system is properly designed, installed, and maintained to maximize efficiency, reduce energy costs, and provide a comfortable indoor environment.

3. What services do HVAC engineering experts provide?

HVAC engineering experts can provide a range of services, including system design, equipment selection, installation oversight, energy analysis, and maintenance planning. They can also conduct feasibility studies and provide recommendations for system upgrades or replacements.

4. How do I choose the right HVAC engineering expert for my project?

When looking for an HVAC engineering expert, it is important to consider their qualifications, experience, and track record. Look for someone who is licensed and has relevant certifications, and ask for references from previous clients. It is also helpful to choose someone who has experience working on projects similar to yours.

5. Can HVAC engineering experts help with energy efficiency and sustainability?

Yes, HVAC engineering experts can help improve the energy efficiency of your building by designing and implementing sustainable HVAC systems. They can also conduct energy audits and provide recommendations for energy-efficient upgrades or retrofits. Additionally, they can help ensure that your HVAC system is compliant with environmental regulations and meets sustainability goals.