I am a writer working on a novel

• Medical
  • Thread starter Kage Kazumi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Novel writer
In summary, Kage Kazumi is researching necrosis of the epidermis. She is looking into Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis.
Kage Kazumi
PForums,

I am a writer working on a novel and as part of my job is to research the science behind any idea, I have to make sure is it plausible in real life.

So, my question is in regard to Necrosis of the Epidermis. Is there any known diseases that can cause necrosis on the Epidermis (outer layer of skin)? I did a Google Search for " Necrosis Diseases", and it, mostly just brings up 'Avascular Necrosis' and 'necrosis in regard to plants;' not quite what I'm looking for.

Also if you knew what was causing the Necrosis of a type of disease would it be possible to create a vaccination to counter act the necrosis if the person should come into contact with the disease?

v/Respectfully,
Kage Kazumi

Biology news on Phys.org

Have you done any research on necrotizing fasciitis? The condition can attack all kinds of underlying tissues, but generally starts with a wound in the epidermis, AFAIK.

Well, how about Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN)?

Googling "epidermal necrosis" brings up a bunch of info, give that a try.

turbo said:
Have you done any research on necrotizing fasciitis? The condition can attack all kinds of underlying tissues, but generally starts with a wound in the epidermis, AFAIK.

Well I am looking for actual disease list. I know of a female victim (TV show; see below) who was using a rusted razor and cut herself. The racer had a bacteria on it called "Group A Streptococcus" that caused necrosis. According to reports the lady died due to not getting treatment in time. This information of course came from a TV show; "1,000 Ways to Die," so I make no claim that it is fact ( http://www.spike.com/video-clips/pph8l1/1000-ways-to-die-face-offed" ). She was infected with a bacteria called "Group A Streptococcus."

Ryan_m_b said:
Googling "epidermal necrosis" brings up a bunch of info, give that a try.

Alright.

EDIT

Monique said:
Well, how about Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN)?

I'll look into it.

v/Respectfully,
Kage Kazumi

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What inspired you to write your novel?

As a scientist, my passion for learning and exploring new ideas has always been a driving force in my writing. I also draw inspiration from real-life experiences, current events, and scientific discoveries.

2. How do you come up with the characters in your novel?

The characters in my novel are often a combination of people I have encountered in my life and my imagination. I also do extensive research to develop well-rounded and realistic characters.

3. What is your writing process like?

My writing process involves a lot of planning, outlining, and revising. I also set a daily word count goal to keep myself on track. As a scientist, I approach writing with a scientific mindset, constantly testing and refining my ideas.

4. How do you handle writer's block?

Writer's block is a common struggle for many writers, including myself. When I encounter a block, I take a break, engage in other activities, and come back to my writing with a fresh perspective. I also try to brainstorm and write freely without worrying about perfection.

5. What message do you hope readers will take away from your novel?

As a scientist, I strive to incorporate thought-provoking and relevant themes in my writing. I hope my novel will inspire readers to think critically, question the world around them, and ultimately, learn something new.