I am Thai and I'm looking for job there

• Physics
  • Thread starter Gigigifgof
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job Physics
In summary, the speaker is Thai and holds a degree in applied physics from Thailand. They will be moving to the USA and are wondering what kind of jobs they can look for and how employers will view their degree from Thailand. They mention having a green card and not needing sponsorship from a company. The person responding cannot answer their question, but welcomes them to the USA and hopes they find a fulfilling career.
Gigigifgof
I am Thai and I have my applied physics degree from Thailand but I will be moving to USA and want to know what kind of jobs I can look for? and how employers will think about hiring someone with a degree from Thailand?

I will have a green card and will not need to be sponsored by the company.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, but I don't have enough knowledge to answer your question. But I just wanted to say, in advance, welcome to the U.S. I hope you find a good career that is mutually rewarding for you and the company who hires you.

P.S. Welcome to Physics Forums.

Likes Gigigifgof

1. What kind of jobs are available in Thailand?

There are a variety of job opportunities available in Thailand, including in industries such as tourism, manufacturing, technology, and finance. Additionally, there are opportunities for teaching English as a foreign language, as well as freelance work in areas such as graphic design and digital marketing.

2. Do I need a work visa to work in Thailand?

Yes, if you are not a citizen of Thailand, you will need a work visa to legally work in the country. The specific visa you will need depends on the type of work you will be doing and the length of your stay. It is important to research and understand the visa process before applying for jobs in Thailand.

3. What is the average salary for jobs in Thailand?

The average salary in Thailand varies depending on the industry and job position. According to data from the National Statistical Office of Thailand, the average monthly salary for a full-time employee in 2020 was 22,726 baht (about $726 USD). However, salaries can range significantly depending on qualifications, experience, and location.

4. Can I find a job in Thailand if I do not speak Thai?

While knowing Thai can be beneficial for certain job positions, it is not always a requirement. Many international companies in Thailand use English as their primary language, and there are also job opportunities in the tourism industry that do not require fluency in Thai. However, learning some basic Thai can be helpful for daily life and interactions with coworkers and locals.

5. How can I begin my job search in Thailand?

There are a few different ways to begin your job search in Thailand. You can search online job boards and company websites, attend job fairs and networking events, or reach out to recruitment agencies. It can also be helpful to connect with people in your desired industry through professional networking sites such as LinkedIn.