I am want become a Scientistplease guide me

• Thread starter fortitude
  • Start date
In summary: I can't help you with that. In summary, you seem very passionate about becoming a scientist, and you are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve your goal. However, you may not be good with math, and it will be difficult to succeed in this field.
fortitude
I am passionate about Science but my Career was always in downturn except now 2010

i am Curious to become a Scientist r a researcher but i am already 25years old n everyone tells me that i am abnormal erratic(useless) person

i didn't study well in my Alma mater(school,college) n now i am B.E graduate with average marks

due to a mental illness O.C.D(obsessive compulsive disorder),seizures i can't study well in college

I also broke up with parents which persuaded myself a transformation rather than a recovery from my illness

right now i am fit to face any kind of situation n i am gathering tons of science everyday

my hobby,leisure,commitment,entertainment,fun,movies. everything is science for past 10 months(since i am normal)

my contemporary Mentor is Stephen Hawking http://flynews.media.venturit.com/wp...ing-t1larg.jpg

please i am requesting u all here to guide me a way r show me

i am ready to sacrifice anything to become a scientist

everyone knows

Charles Darwin voyage brought a natural science
Tesla was working in a telegraphy
Faraday was a book binder n a carpenter
Einstein was a patent clerk
Wright Brothers are mechanic

Dyslexia scientist n Researcher list

Einstien
Newton
Leonardo da Vinci:
The Wright Brothers
Benjamin Franklin
Henry Ford
Galileo
Steven Hawkings
Louis Pasteur
Tom Francis
Simon Clemment,
John Robert Skoyles
Eli Whitney
Werner Von Braun
Baruj Benacerraf
Allen Grant......
my notion i am living with If u FAITH "everything is possible"

"Nothing is impossible"

THE MOST POWERFUL CREATURE IN UNIVERSE ARE WE HUMANS
http://library.thinkquest.org/03oct/...ar_cluster.jpg

EACH AND EVERY HUMAN ARE SAME

now i am having feeling a FAITH that u all will persuade(guide) me since we r all HUMANS

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
fortitude said:
i want to enroll( just 1% barely) my name as a scientist. here to payback(storm) all around me who screwed me as a abnormal erratic person

You should take time to consider if you want to become a scientist because you will enjoy the work and want to contribute to the body of scientific knowledge... or if you are just trying to prove a point to someone.

no this is not show off r sueprficial

my hobby,leisure,commitment,entertainment,fun,movies. everything is science for past 10 months(since i am immune)

this is my obsession agony notion insight passion in a word-DREAM

books in pursue

Richard P.Feynman
Chaos
science of the impposible
elegent universe
Atoms

fortitude said:
this is my obsession agony notion insight passion in a word-DREAM

It certainly seems that you have a... passion... for it. Are you good with math?

no i am not good at maths but to become a scientist maths is desperate undoubtedly

as i mentioned i ready to sacrifice anything to become scientist

I'm having trouble understanding your post. I hope English isn't your native tongue... if you want to be a scientist in an English speaking country, you'll need to work on that. Otherwise, disregard my post.

fortitude said:
no i am not good at maths but to become a scientist maths is desperate undoubtedly

as i mentioned i ready to sacrifice anything to become scientist

Having trouble with this as well. Are you willing to study math, even though you may not know any math at the moment?

Math is extremely important to all science. All sciences, whether physical sciences or life sciences will involve some math. Physical sciences will involve lot's of Calculus and a reasonable amount of statistics. Life sciences tend to center more on statistics, but differential equations tend to appear everywhere these days. Either way, there is a good deal of math.

If you don't want to do math then you don't want to do science. They go hand in hand.

s i am

G01 said:
Having trouble with this as well. Are you willing to study math, even though you may not know any math at the moment?

Math is extremely important to all science. All sciences, whether physical sciences or life sciences will involve some math. Physical sciences will involve lot's of Calculus and a reasonable amount of statistics. Life sciences tend to center more on statistics, but differential equations tend to appear everywhere these days. Either way, there is a good deal of math.

If you don't want to do math then you don't want to do science. They go hand in hand.

s mentioned i am ready to sacrifice anything o maths won't be complicated

Well, fortitude, it's going to be tough. Even under the best of circumstances, a natural sciences degree takes a great deal of effort, and higher math is always involved at some point. If you feel like you can rise to the challenge - especially considering the additional difficulties you face - then I'll be here cheering you on. But don't be too disappointed with yourself should your dream fail to become reality. We all have hobbies and leisure activities; it's just that often they don't translate well into careers.

I wish you the best of luck.

bluesurge863 said:
Well, fortitude, it's going to be tough. Even under the best of circumstances, a natural sciences degree takes a great deal of effort, and higher math is always involved at some point. If you feel like you can rise to the challenge - especially considering the additional difficulties you face - then I'll be here cheering you on. But don't be too disappointed with yourself should your dream fail to become reality. We all have hobbies and leisure activities; it's just that often they don't translate well into careers.

I wish you the best of luck.

s u right but Faraday didn't know anything about Maths so no unification for EM n then came Max Planck who reprise EM

how abt that

fortitude said:
s u right but Faraday didn't know anything about Maths so no unification for EM n then came Max Planck who reprise EM

how abt that

Well, Faraday is a great person to look up to. However remember two things. Most of us, including me, are not as creative and capable as Faraday! His name lives on for a reason. He was exceptional. Also, science has advanced since his time. Much more math is involved in all areas.

As far as math goes if you want to start reading real physics books, at almost all levels, you'll need to crack open some math textbooks first and learn the math.

Where are you at in your math education?

As far as books go, you are eventually going to need to move beyond "popular science" books like the ones mentioned above. These teach you "about physics." They do not teach you how to "do physics." They are also very sensational, and don't give a good description of what physics and science is really about.

If university courses are an option you should definitely consider them. A university degree will be essential to get any type of real job in science. It is also very hard to learn physics on your own.

Once you have a good background in math (covering algebra, trigonometry, calculus) you'll need to pick up a calculus based intro physics textbook.

Note: Due to similarities in titles, physics texts are usually identified by author.

The text by Halliday Resnick and Walker is a standard.

Next a textbook on introductory modern physics: I used Serway, Moses, Moyer and have heard good things about Taylor and Wheeler's- Spacetime Physics

This material is usually covered in about 1.5 years by University students with a good calculus/algebra background. These should keep you busy for a while. I stress that you must start learning math if you are serious about this. You won't get anything out of these texts if you are not comfortable with algebra, calculus and trigonometry.

I hope this is some type of Philosopher_K troll.

Why is everyone wasting their time?
Its either a stupid little kid, a troll or someone that not even worth wasting time on.

What is the first step to becoming a scientist?

The first step to becoming a scientist is to develop a strong interest in a specific field of science, such as biology, chemistry, or physics. This can be done by reading books, watching documentaries, or taking relevant courses.

What education is required to become a scientist?

Most scientists hold at least a bachelor's degree in a scientific field, although many pursue higher degrees such as a master's or PhD. It is also important to have a strong foundation in math, as it is a crucial component of scientific research and analysis.

What skills are necessary for a career in science?

Some essential skills for becoming a successful scientist include critical thinking, problem-solving, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. It is also important to have a passion for learning and a strong work ethic.

What types of jobs can I get as a scientist?

There are many different career paths available to scientists, depending on their specific field of study and interests. Some common job titles for scientists include research scientist, laboratory technician, data analyst, and science teacher.

How can I gain experience as a scientist?

One way to gain experience as a scientist is to participate in internships or research opportunities during your education. You can also volunteer at labs or research facilities, or join scientific organizations and attend conferences to network and learn from professionals in your field.