I want to become weapon engineer, but i am not american

  • Topic: Studying 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Joose
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Engineer
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Joose
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Since when I was in army, i have been fascinated by weapons , the way work, how they are build, how they are designed. So I would like to be weapons designer. What should I major?

Also I am Finnish. As far as I know there aren't any weapons development in Finland. Are all my hopes to become weapon engineer washed away because of my nationality?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Joose said:
Since when I was in army, i have been fascinated by weapons , the way work, how they are build, how they are designed. So I would like to be weapons designer. What should I major?

Also I am Finnish. As far as I know there aren't any weapons development in Finland. Are all my hopes to become weapon engineer washed away because of my nationality?
Welcome to the PF.

Mechanical Engineering (ME) would be a good first choice. You should add in some electrical engineering (EE) classes and Aeronautical Engineering (AE) classes too, IMO. Will you probably join the Finnish military before going to university? :smile:
 
Joose said:
Since when I was in army, i have been fascinated by weapons , the way work, how they are build, how they are designed. So I would like to be weapons designer. What should I major?

Also I am Finnish. As far as I know there aren't any weapons development in Finland. Are all my hopes to become weapon engineer washed away because of my nationality?
One may wish to do a search on Finnish defense companies, e.g., Nammo, Sako, or Patria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAKO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patria_(company)

As berkeman indicated, there are a variety of scientific and technical disciplines that play a role in military systems.