I can't manage my time, EE Freshman in a special situation

In summary, this 22yo Iranian guy is in a university in Iran but unfortunately has a sick system that makes it a long story to explain why he couldn't/didn't start going to university when he was younger. He's in a situation where he's learning on his own and has high goals of going overseas to get his Master's in both English and German. However, he can't manage his time well and spends too much time finding the best material for every subject which is because of his stress and anxiety. His advice to other students in the same situation is to be a little less detailed about their personal lives and to be more outgoing and positive.
AdrianMachin
Hi there. I'm 22yo guy from Iran, Just started studying EE (I'm a freshman). Unfortunately, I have an uncommon case in a sick system that it'll be a long story to tell why I couldn't/didn't start going to a university when I was younger, and I'll have to explain a lot since the system here works very different than other countries and simply it SUCKS.

So anyways, I'm in a university with bad professors and students now. Most of the students here (in the uni which I'm attending) come for anything other than learning (like I said, explaining the situation which I'm in it will take hours to discuss) and it seems like I'm the only one here (in this uni) who's a geek and eager to learn everything fundamentally.*

I'm counting on surviving from this place. I'm learning on my own while going to this effing university. I compare myself and my knowledge to the students of the best universities in the world and I have very high goals. I'm planning to go overseas (Germany or other providers of cheap/free higher education) to get my Master's. So I have to master both English and German.

The problem which I'm going to discuss with you friends is that I can't manage my time and I'm too much scrupulous spending so much time to find the best ever material for every subject. Maybe this is because of my stress and anxiety to get through this tough situation.

[mod edit: removed personal details]

So the question is how can I manage all these? with the appropriate time for running exercises etc.
Thanks in advance!

EDIT 1: There are "better" universities here, but this had nothing to do with my knowledge or how did I study then that I couldn't get through them. I was in a situation which I had no other choices. I'm not selfish but you were not in my shoes, just in case of you judge me.

EDIT 2: I don't have any real friends here so I don't care how other students do in their studies, exams, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
My advice would be to be a little less detailed here about some more personal aspects of your life. With that being said, lots of people throughout the world "pamper" themselves on a regular basis and there is nothing abnormal about that.

However, when it starts to consume more time than you care for, I would recommend perhaps trying to become a bit more outgoing and positive, also regarding your university life. To me EE seems like a very interesting field and undoubtedly there is still a lot you can learn (in class, but also through self study in parallel) and who knows: perhaps you will even run into a nice girl.

Likes AdrianMachin
Krylov said:
My advice would be to be a little less detailed here about some more personal aspects of your life. With that being said, lots of people throughout the world "pamper" themselves on a regular basis and there is nothing abnormal about that.

However, when it starts to consume more time than you care for, I would recommend perhaps trying to become a bit more outgoing and positive, also regarding your university life. To me EE seems like a very interesting field and undoubtedly there is still a lot you can learn (in class, but also through self study in parallel) and who knows: perhaps you will even run into a nice girl.
Thanks for your reply, my friend.

1. How can I improve my time management skills as an EE freshman in a special situation?

As an EE freshman in a special situation, it is important to first assess your current time management habits and identify any areas that need improvement. Create a schedule or to-do list to help you stay organized and prioritize your tasks. Break larger tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks and set realistic deadlines for each. Additionally, try to eliminate any distractions while studying or completing tasks. Remember to take breaks and allow yourself some downtime to avoid burnout.

2. What are some common challenges for EE freshmen in special situations when it comes to managing time?

Some common challenges for EE freshmen in special situations include adjusting to the demands of a new academic environment, dealing with personal or family responsibilities, and balancing extracurricular activities with school work. Additionally, students may struggle with time management if they have poor organizational skills or difficulty prioritizing tasks.

3. How can I balance my academic workload with my personal responsibilities as an EE freshman in a special situation?

Balancing academic workload with personal responsibilities can be challenging for any student, but it can be especially difficult for an EE freshman in a special situation. To help with this, try to create a schedule that allows for dedicated study time as well as time for personal responsibilities. It may also be helpful to delegate tasks or seek support from friends, family, or academic resources such as tutors or study groups.

4. What steps can I take to avoid procrastination and manage my time more effectively as an EE freshman in a special situation?

To avoid procrastination and manage your time more effectively, start by setting realistic and achievable goals for each day or week. Break larger tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks and set specific deadlines for each. It can also be helpful to eliminate distractions while studying or completing tasks. Additionally, try to find an accountability partner or seek support from academic resources to help you stay on track.

5. How can I stay motivated and avoid burnout while managing my time as an EE freshman in a special situation?

Staying motivated and avoiding burnout is crucial for maintaining effective time management as an EE freshman in a special situation. Remember to take breaks and give yourself some downtime to recharge. Celebrate small accomplishments and reward yourself for meeting deadlines or completing tasks. Additionally, try to find a balance between your academic workload and personal responsibilities. Seek support from friends, family, or academic resources if you are feeling overwhelmed.