1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I don't know what classes to take in order.

1. Jun 22, 2011 #1
    Hello, I was thinking of going back to college for biology but the problem I am having is that I can only have one class per semester (Lack of money) and I am unsure how to approach this field, in high school I was horrible at math (Didn't even pass Alb 1) I didn't take any science classes of any sort in high school. What should I take in order to build a strong foundation to my biology? Do I need to learn chemistry? I am just unsure what to take first, second ect ect.

Thanks in advanced for any help. :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2011 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

First you need to make sure you have the prerequisite coursed for any college-level course you take. For a biology course, this usually means high-school level biology and chemistry. Most colleges will have 'upgrading' highschool-level courses for those who need them. After that - take your first year biology course and see where it takes you.

4. Jun 22, 2011 #3
    Ok, I wasn't sure how it was going to be. Thank goodness that they have that so I don't have to suffer and be in embarrassed from the lack of knowledge. Thank you so much :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook