Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I don't know what classes to take in order.

1. Jun 22, 2011 #1
    Hello, I was thinking of going back to college for biology but the problem I am having is that I can only have one class per semester (Lack of money) and I am unsure how to approach this field, in high school I was horrible at math (Didn't even pass Alb 1) I didn't take any science classes of any sort in high school. What should I take in order to build a strong foundation to my biology? Do I need to learn chemistry? I am just unsure what to take first, second ect ect.

Thanks in advanced for any help. :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2011 #2

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

First you need to make sure you have the prerequisite coursed for any college-level course you take. For a biology course, this usually means high-school level biology and chemistry. Most colleges will have 'upgrading' highschool-level courses for those who need them. After that - take your first year biology course and see where it takes you.

4. Jun 22, 2011 #3
    Ok, I wasn't sure how it was going to be. Thank goodness that they have that so I don't have to suffer and be in embarrassed from the lack of knowledge. Thank you so much :)

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook