I have a question, if i throw the ball upward, how to get or derived a

• Thread starter Erex
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ball
In summary, to calculate the height of a ball thrown upward, the formula h = ut + 1/2at^2 can be used, taking into account the initial velocity, time, and acceleration due to gravity. The height of the ball is affected by factors such as initial velocity, angle of projection, air resistance, and acceleration due to gravity. The time it takes for the ball to reach its maximum height can be determined using the formula t = u/g. When thrown at different angles, the height of the ball will vary, with the highest point reached at a 90 degree angle and decreasing as the angle decreases. The height of the ball will also differ when thrown upward and downward with the same initial velocity, due to the
Erex
i have a question, if i throw the ball upward, how to get or derived a kinematics formula using that situation.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. How do you calculate the height of the ball when thrown upward?

The height of the ball can be calculated using the formula h = ut + 1/2at^2, where h is the height, u is the initial velocity, t is the time, and a is the acceleration due to gravity.

2. What factors affect the height of the ball when thrown upward?

The height of the ball is affected by the initial velocity, angle of projection, air resistance, and the acceleration due to gravity.

3. How do you determine the time it takes for the ball to reach its maximum height?

The time it takes for the ball to reach its maximum height can be calculated using the formula t = u/g, where u is the initial velocity and g is the acceleration due to gravity.

4. What happens to the ball's height when thrown upward at different angles?

The height of the ball will vary depending on the angle of projection. The maximum height will be achieved when the ball is thrown at a 90 degree angle (straight up), and the height will decrease as the angle decreases.

5. Is the height of the ball the same when thrown upward and thrown downward with the same initial velocity?

No, the height of the ball will be different when thrown upward and downward with the same initial velocity. This is because the acceleration due to gravity acts in opposite directions for upward and downward motion, causing the ball to reach different maximum heights.