I have no idea who to sell my ideas to

In summary, the conversation discusses the best company to sell ideas to, with the conclusion that companies do not typically buy ideas, but rather patents. The individual is advised to go out and try to sell their patented inventions, but they express concern about not having the resources to actually build them. The conversation ends with the suggestion that the individual may have other problems that cannot be helped.
TheQuietOne
I have looked before, but all I get are a bunch of ads from visited websites. what is the best ( and most reliable) company to sell my ideas to?

Physics news on Phys.org
Companies don't buy ideas. They buy patents.

well who do I sell my patents to then? (no offense but it sounds the same to me)

TheQuietOne said:
well who do I sell my patents to then? (no offense but it sounds the same to me)
Go out and start peddling your inventions that you have obtained patents for. Good luck

Likes TheQuietOne
Only problem is that Ironically I have never had the resources (nor the money) to actually build something

TheQuietOne said:
Only problem is that Ironically I have never had the resources (nor the money) to actually build something
Then you have a problem.

Turns out I have a lot of problems (most of which are in my head) :wink: :-p

Well, we can't help you.

Good luck. Thread closed.

What are some potential buyers for my ideas?

Potential buyers for your ideas can vary depending on the nature of your ideas. You can consider selling them to individuals, companies, organizations, or even the government. It's important to research and target the specific market that would be interested in your ideas.

How do I protect my ideas before selling them?

To protect your ideas, you can consider filing for a patent or copyright. You can also have potential buyers sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before sharing your ideas with them. It's important to consult with a legal professional to ensure proper protection of your ideas.

What steps should I take before approaching potential buyers?

Before approaching potential buyers, it's important to do your research and have a clear understanding of your ideas and their potential value. Create a solid business plan and pitch that clearly outlines the benefits and potential of your ideas. You should also be prepared to negotiate and have a plan for protecting your ideas.

How do I determine the value of my ideas?

Determining the value of your ideas can be tricky, as it can depend on various factors such as market demand, uniqueness, and potential profitability. You can consult with experts or conduct market research to get a better understanding of the potential value of your ideas.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when selling my ideas?

Some common mistakes to avoid when selling your ideas include not doing enough research on potential buyers, not properly protecting your ideas, and not having a solid business plan and pitch. It's also important to be realistic about the potential value and demand for your ideas and to not undersell yourself.