I just finished my physics and maths test today I went brilliant in

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's performance on a recent physics and maths test. They did well in physics but struggled in maths due to it being focused on statistics and probability. The speaker expresses their love for maths and astrophysics but feels guilty for not doing as well as they wanted. Others reassure them that it's important to learn from mistakes and not strive for perfection.
Cbray
I just finished my physics and maths test today.. I went brilliant in my physics, but I went bad in my math. The maths test was on statistics, probability, and a little on quadratic trinomials. (I'm in the top maths class and in year 9)

I enjoy mathematics heaps, but don't enjoy statistics and probability. I was just wondering that since I went bad on my test (I got about a C) and dislike statistics, not so much probability (the teacher who made the test merged it a bit with the stats). I'm not worrying about it so much but is there much statistics and probability you have to do as an astrophysicist? I love astrophysics so much but I feel really guilty since I only got a B on my maths assignment and went bad on my test this term and I was aiming for an A this semester. I feel bad, know any reasons why I shouldn't be?

thanks guys :)

(I went well on my trinomials , I'm good with equations and such just not statistics and probability).

Physics news on Phys.org

Cbray said:
I feel bad, know any reasons why I shouldn't be?
we all make mistakes, learning from mistakes is what sets us apart

Cbray said:
I love astrophysics so much but I feel really guilty since I only got a B on my maths assignment and went bad on my test this term and I was aiming for an A this semester.

Being able to deal with not being perfect is something extremely important - best to learn it from an early age.

What topics were covered on the physics and maths test?

The physics and maths test may have covered a variety of topics, such as mechanics, electromagnetism, calculus, and algebra. The specific topics will depend on the curriculum and level of the test.

How can I improve my performance on future physics and maths tests?

To improve your performance on future physics and maths tests, it is important to study and practice regularly. Make sure you understand the fundamental concepts and equations, and practice solving problems. Additionally, seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also be beneficial.

What is a good score on a physics and maths test?

A good score on a physics and maths test will vary depending on the difficulty of the test and the grading scale. Generally, a score above 80% is considered good, but ultimately, it is important to focus on understanding the material rather than just achieving a high score.

What are some common mistakes students make on physics and maths tests?

Some common mistakes students make on physics and maths tests include not showing all of their work, using incorrect equations or formulas, and not reading the questions carefully. It is important to take your time and double check your work to avoid these mistakes.

How can I stay calm and focused during a physics and maths test?

To stay calm and focused during a physics and maths test, it is helpful to take deep breaths and remind yourself that you have prepared for this. It can also be beneficial to break down the test into smaller sections and take breaks if needed. Additionally, don't hesitate to ask for clarification on a question if needed.