1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just finished my physics and maths test today I went brilliant in

1. Sep 6, 2011 #1
    I just finished my physics and maths test today.. I went brilliant in my physics, but I went bad in my math. The maths test was on statistics, probability, and a little on quadratic trinomials. (I'm in the top maths class and in year 9)

I enjoy mathematics heaps, but don't enjoy statistics and probability. I was just wondering that since I went bad on my test (I got about a C) and dislike statistics, not so much probability (the teacher who made the test merged it a bit with the stats). I'm not worrying about it so much but is there much statistics and probability you have to do as an astrophysicist? I love astrophysics so much but I feel really guilty since I only got a B on my maths assignment and went bad on my test this term and I was aiming for an A this semester. I feel bad, know any reasons why I shouldn't be?

thanks guys :)

(I went well on my trinomials , I'm good with equations and such just not statistics and probability).

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 6, 2011 #2

wukunlin

Gold Member

Re: Help

we all make mistakes, learning from mistakes is what sets us apart

4. Sep 6, 2011 #3
    Re: Help

Being able to deal with not being perfect is something extremely important - best to learn it from an early age.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook