Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I made a change regarding my career plans

1. May 27, 2006 #1
    I made a change regarding my future plans...

I've thought about doing medicine for a long time now, but i had serious doubts and concerns as i wanted something with more physics and maths (more of problem solving and puzzles) than chemistry and biology (memorisation) so im thinking of biomedical engineering.
    but i still do have some questions: 1.) how much physics and maths is there in biomedical engineering?
    2.) what's the demand on this kind of job and what's the average financial reward for such a job?

thank you

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2006 #2
    bump it up

4. May 28, 2006 #3

rho

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
  5. May 28, 2006 #4

Curious3141

Homework Helper

I am very happy that you took a positive step toward pursuing your genuine interests. :approve:

6. May 28, 2006 #5
    thanx a lot specially to u rho. im reading the syllabuses and it seems really intersting to me as it has lots of math (i hope i'll be studying calculus in these courses) and some physics too. i love the variety. just one more thing: whats the demand and ease of employment in these kinds of jobs? as well as financial rewards (just wanna know hehe)?

and curious: thanx to you as your neutral feedback on medicinal career has broadened my view.

7. May 28, 2006 #6
    In America the situation for biomedical engineers is apparently not good. Schools are producing a lot of them and there are not a lot of positions in the biotech field that require a PhD most only require you to listen to the one PhD who works with you and be a chimpanzee. Good luck though.

8. May 28, 2006 #7
    then again thats how it is with most professions,,, at least in many eingineering fields

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook