1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I made a change regarding my career plans

1. May 27, 2006 #1
    I made a change regarding my future plans...

I've thought about doing medicine for a long time now, but i had serious doubts and concerns as i wanted something with more physics and maths (more of problem solving and puzzles) than chemistry and biology (memorisation) so im thinking of biomedical engineering.
    but i still do have some questions: 1.) how much physics and maths is there in biomedical engineering?
    2.) what's the demand on this kind of job and what's the average financial reward for such a job?

thank you

Last edited: May 27, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2006 #2
    bump it up

4. May 28, 2006 #3

rho

5. May 28, 2006 #4

Curious3141

Homework Helper

I am very happy that you took a positive step toward pursuing your genuine interests. :approve:

6. May 28, 2006 #5
    thanx a lot specially to u rho. im reading the syllabuses and it seems really intersting to me as it has lots of math (i hope i'll be studying calculus in these courses) and some physics too. i love the variety. just one more thing: whats the demand and ease of employment in these kinds of jobs? as well as financial rewards (just wanna know hehe)?

and curious: thanx to you as your neutral feedback on medicinal career has broadened my view.

7. May 28, 2006 #6
    In America the situation for biomedical engineers is apparently not good. Schools are producing a lot of them and there are not a lot of positions in the biotech field that require a PhD most only require you to listen to the one PhD who works with you and be a chimpanzee. Good luck though.

8. May 28, 2006 #7
    then again thats how it is with most professions,,, at least in many eingineering fields

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?