Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I must be travelling at 90% of the speed of light

1. Mar 1, 2012 #1
    The entirely too short time between posting and editing may be detrimental.

Nevermind the entirely too short time to write a post.

Just trying to help... Don't mind me...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2012 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

If you make an error that really needs to be corrected, you can use the report function or just correct it in a follow-up post. The edit window is purposely short to eliminate malicious editing.

Also, I'm not sure about a time to write a post - I don't think there is one.

4. Mar 1, 2012 #3

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

hi jmmccain! :smile:
    what do you mean? :confused:

5. Mar 1, 2012 #4

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

If you don't want to get logged out, then you have to check the "Remember me" box before logging in.

6. Mar 1, 2012 #5

Ryan_m_b

Staff: Mentor

Entirely short? AFAIK it is near 12 hours, more than enough time to recheck a post (a quick proof-read is usually enough to spot anything importing).
    Are you getting logged out or something? Try the suggestion above, ticking the "remember me" box.

7. Mar 4, 2012 #6
    I think what the OP is talking about is the fact that if you take too long to write the post, it gives some kind of error when you click submit, so then you have to click the back button and hope the text you typed is still there.

EDIT: I think the error it gives is something like "This form has expired. Click the back button to resubmit your data." Those aren't the exact words, but that's the general idea.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  8. Mar 4, 2012 #7

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Get in the habit of always always always pressing Ctrl-A Ctrl-C before submitting.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook