Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I need acer mother board speck so i can wire in the usb mike port.

1. Aug 10, 2012 #1
    Here's the computer that i have http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AM3100-U3201A-R&cm_mmc=geekmail-_-newarrivals_html-_-07jun08-_-AM3100-U3201A-R&AID=10445123&CJPID=4176654 [Broken] and i recently took the mother board out of the acer and put it in a knew case. I have the motherboard specs for the new case i just need the specs for the acer. I need the specks to wire in the usb speaker mike hub.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 10, 2012 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

That computer has (looks like it has) a USB port built in - why not use that?

4. Aug 11, 2012 #3
    That my old case i got a better looking case that also has a usb port but don't know hot to hook it up.

5. Aug 11, 2012 #4
    Damn computer needs to be cleaned its acting slow :( and i can't seem to keep my video card cool :( its at 65 c

6. Aug 11, 2012 #5
    ok Simon Bridge email me and i will email you the motherboard specs that were in my new case that i pout my acer in shawn_j_lee@hotmail.com

7. Aug 11, 2012 #6

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Oh I get you ... you unplugged the usb part when you removed the mobo from the old case and you don't remember where it came from.

I come from an age when adding new stuff to a computer means soldering irons.

The usb pins on the motherboard are labelled - and usually close to the edge.
    You can tell what sort of fitting to expect by looking at the socket.

The mobo usually has it's type written on it ... it won't match the manufacturer's product name. It'll say "Gigabyte" or some brand like that ... and some numbers.

8. Aug 11, 2012 #7
    but they should plug into the usb pins the same way they did for my other usb hub?

9. Aug 12, 2012 #8

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

That's right - usb is a published standard.
    btw: for your own safety, remove that email from the thread - or ask a mod to do it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook