1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I NEED LIFE TIPS, Starting Medicine (finished physics)

1. May 29, 2013 #1
    I'm not sure if I can explain my self elegantly but, basically I started studying Medicine.

prior to this I finished my bachelor in physics / computer science & did a 1 year post grad course,

Anyway, life happened and I don't really want anything to do with physics anymore.

I'm finding it really difficult to find, 'the endurance'? maybe, the same drive I had when I first started at university; also everyone in my year (except the other post grads) are younger than me by a couple years

long story short
    How do I get the same inspiration to finish medicine as I did with physics?
    or any life tips in general

thanks to my old comrads

2. jcsd
  3. May 29, 2013 #2
    Exploring physics should have been an exciting journey which surprises pleasantly in unfolding God's own theories in a broadsense, and now you feel lucky for choosing Medicine, that ll surely take you to the next level in knowing and understanding self from near. Each days gonna be fresh and new, so keep your enthu high and go ahead with it, you ll surely succeed. Best wishes.

(I'm not into medicine, but thats the kinda words that i heard from my friend who chose medicine)

4. May 29, 2013 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I think most people who spend more than four years in post-secondary education (i.e. do more than a bachelor's degree) eventually end up in a situation where they start to get a little sick of school. You get to a point where you're an adult, in fact you've been an intelligent adult for a while now, and still, you're taking classes, writing exams, and (depending on the class and the professors) stressing over silly little semantic technicalities that seem and often are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Unfortunately sometimes you have to stay in it for the long haul if you want to accomplish your goals.

The first thing to remember is to take care yourself... get enough sleep, eat well, exercise regularly, make the most of down time, get organized, do what you can to spend time with positive people who have similar goals and avoid negative people who drag you down... that kind of thing.

Something else you can do is take the time to explore your own interests rather than just doing the work that's assigned to you. It's too easy to get caught up in readings and problem sets that you "should" find interesting and not have any time to simply read and explore what you're really driven to learn about. So what is it about medicine that really attracted you? Figure that out and pursue it - at least a little.

And if that fails you can always browse the Ferrari website...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook