I need some assistance in solving a riddle.

1. Hi,

First time poster and I believe that the people on this forum may have a greater chance of solving this riddle or making sense of we have so far.

[​IMG]
    http://imgur.com/eUAete2

I am more than happy to go into the background of all of this, but in short, this is related to a riddle that is hidden within a video game. The creator of the riddle has been posting these images, along with a number of complex clues within the game itself and I am reaching out to the forum members here to see if you can add any value or otherwise assist in piecing this all together.

This is just for fun and I am reaching out here because the more we investigate this, it seems to be related to atoms and more specifically sub atomic particles. None of us working on solving this are particularly qualified so just thought I would ask for help here.

So far we have determined that they are:

1. Electron or perhaps a reaction of sorts?
    2. Atom
    5. Energy Multiplier Module
    9. MRI (of the brain)
    11. Feynman Diagram - of sub atomic particle
    12. Euler equation
    13. Periodic table of elements
    14. Gravity
    15. Atomic Bomb explosion
    16. Planck constant
    18. Finite Continued fraction

I believe there are more images but I am not sure how many. I believe all the images relate to one another, perhaps in the form of a story, a common theme, and they may just be the key to unlocking more of this puzzle.

Any assistance is appreciated. Hope you don't mind me posting this here and I very much value any information you can share with us.

The game is called Trials Evolution and this is all based off discussions on their forums, however I won't post a link here as I am sure a bot will remove it pretty quickly when I am new to these forums.

Look forward to hearing back from anyone?

Regards,

FatShady

2. jcsd
  3. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Here's the concepts that spring to mind for me:
    (counting horizontally)

1. electric field
    2. planets (could be planetary model of atom)
    3. radiation (or colors)
    4. cavity radiation
    5. mass-energy relation (a bad representation of)
    6. Cherenkov radiation
    9. brain
    10. vagina - but most random squiggles look like vaginas to me
    - maybe an eye or an animal cell or something like that.
    11. feynman diagram - they are not subatomic though. The e is an electron.
    Notice that time runs horizontally ... so we have a positron and an electron annihilating to make a photon - that does not go very far before it pair-produces some other particle ... the key is that spiral off the end.

12. euler equation
    13. atoms
    14. gravity
    15. nuclear energy
    16. energy of a photon
    17. interference fringes
    18. quantum mechanics (discrete energy levels)

4. Im only just starting to go through your comments but I think this is spot on. Great find. :)

5. Cthugha

Cthugha 1,715
    Science Advisor

Number 17 looks like Pascal's triangle to me, but the numbers do not seem to work out. Unfortunately they are hard to decipher.

6. Someone else just pointed this out.. I think it is Pascals Triangle though. The numbers 8008 and 11440 are shown in the triangle and 8008 1140 in the image.. there are other similar numbers but agree, not a perfect match.. I think he just altered the numbers slightly to ensure it was not a simple google search.

Thanks for the reply.

7. Cthugha

Cthugha 1,715
    Science Advisor

Is it known, whether the "balls" in pictures 1,2,3 and 7 always represent the same thing?

If not, picture 1 looks like a schematic Tesla coil to me.

8. We don't know this.. but based on gut feel I suspect that as they are drawn exactly the same, they would prepresent the same thing. If you were to draw an artists inperpretation of a Tesla Coil you would draw it differently I suspect.

9. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Oh those are numbers... I was squinting and squinting......... yeah - pascales triangle or binomial coefficients. Statistics -> uncertainty -> statistical nature of fundamental laws?

Viewed from above? Could also be the inside of a plasma globe or a closeup of a very bloodshot eyeball. Certainly suggests electrical discharges to me though.

10. DrClaude

DrClaude 2,327
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

18 does look like badly drawn continued fractions.

11. haha the 'artist' is a video game developer and not an artist so I will cut him some slack. :)

12. Bandersnatch

Bandersnatch 1,466
    Gold Member

Tesla, Bohr and Pauli went out to the Cavity Rad pub. They ordered an Eggnog and two Mohitos.
    -"Hey, isn't that Cherenkov sitting there?"
    -"Don't bother, he thinks he's on a higher level now. He don't hang with us no more."
    -"He thinks he's a brainiac that one."
    -"What, him? He's got, like, a single gray cell in there, and spends most of his time trying to keep it from annihilating."
    -"Aye, he's so rigid in his opinions not even Euler could turn him around."
    -"I hear he's with some shady elements nowadays. Dropping people from heights and blowing stuff up."
    -"Well, that sure shines some light on what happened to Pascal and his triangles. I say better avoid him"
    -"Indeed. Discretion is the better part of valour."

... I got nothing.

13. DrClaude

DrClaude 2,327
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This looks more like someone who has a so-so grasp of physics/mathematics, but is a fine artist.

14. Third one could be a photon..

The Sixth one could be an incomplete 2d representation of youngs double slit
    experiment (highly doubt it; a representation without interference? ??).

After reading cherenkov radiation I
    feel silly.

Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  15. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You mean #18 like:

$$a_0+\frac{1}{a_1+\frac{1}{a_2+\cdots \frac{1}{a_n}}}$$

I think you're right: a continued fraction.

@FieldvForce: welcome to PF - how do you get a photon off that?

16. Some guesses at the others:

7) Hole migration in a semi-conductor
    8) Some kind of representation of a potential well.
    10) Cell sub-division.

17. Thanks for the welcome.

As to your question, the first picture looked like it might be representing an electron the second an atom, I thought the third was a photon because I presumed the artist wanted to introduce photoelectric effect, drawing an orb with rays comming out of it, possibly loosely representing wave-particle duality.

18. #10 looks like a single celled organism. Perhaps it is a clue for DNA, or evolution.

19. A.T.

A.T. 6,206
    Gold Member

Or string theory?

20. Simon Bridge

Simon Bridge 15,261
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Everything is a clue for string theory :)

21. 10 is probably an eukaryotic cell undergoing karyokinesis.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted