I need to know the power of a flywheel

  • Thread starter Thread starter mohammad irshad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Flywheel Power
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
mohammad irshad
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
hi sir
i have 1100 watt motor and i want to rotat the fly wheel from rest to 1450 rpm.i want to know how big should be
3.jpg
the flywheel to rotate at the motor 1100 watt and to get extra energy 700 joule or more than if possiable
best regard
thnx
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for, but doesn't that flywheel calculator tell you how big/heavy the flywheel needs to be to store 700J?

Also, just to be clear: power is energy per unit time. Flywheels store energy and how long it takes to dissipate that energy determines the power.