Is a Larger DC Motor Needed for Low Wind Speed Power Generation?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
34 replies · 6K views
anorlunda said:
Wind turbines used on boats use a rope tether to anchor the blade during high winds. It's hard to get simpler than that.
So, to restart the turbine in the calm after a storm, the operator should first remove the tether, and then give a turbine blade a push with their hand.

I believe the OP is looking for a less hands-on solution.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Baluncore said:
I believe the OP is looking for a less hands-on solution.
I think you're right. The OP does not want the KISS solution.
 
sophiecentaur said:
Those poor bearings!
True, magnetic or axial ?
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: sophiecentaur
anorlunda said:
I think you're right. The OP does not want the KISS solution.
But a flat battery is not ‘simple’.