I need to read .CNF , .TKA and .IEC files but not sure how

In summary, the conversation is about the difficulty in reading and converting CNF, TKA, and IEC files to Excel. The files are data from a gamma spectroscopy machine and a paper and website are suggested as potential resources for help.
d_train
I have a whole lot of .CNF , .TKA and .IEC files that their data needs to be taken but I am unsure how to read them or convert to excel. Any help or ideas welcome.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Can you provide more info on the file usage so we know what CNF, TKA and IEC mean?

I found this for CNF:

http://www.staff.uni-bayreuth.de/~bt150361/tools/cnf/index.html

They are files from a gamma spectroscopy machine that has analysed various materials.

Last edited:

1. What are .CNF, .TKA, and .IEC files?

.CNF, .TKA, and .IEC files are file extensions that are commonly used for data storage and exchange in scientific and engineering fields. They contain data in a specific format that can be read and interpreted by specialized software programs.

2. What kind of data do these files contain?

The type of data contained in these files depends on the specific application or experiment they were created for. Generally, .CNF files contain configuration information, .TKA files contain time series data, and .IEC files contain circuit design information.

3. How can I open and view these files?

To open and view these files, you will need to have the appropriate software or tools that are compatible with the file type. For example, you can use a text editor or spreadsheet program to open and view .CNF files, while specific engineering software may be needed for .TKA and .IEC files.

4. Are there any risks involved in opening these files?

Opening and viewing these files should not pose any risks as long as you are using reliable software and your computer is protected by anti-virus software. However, it is always recommended to be cautious when opening files from unknown sources.

5. Can I convert these files into a different format?

Yes, it is possible to convert these files into a different format using specialized conversion software or tools. However, the conversion process may result in loss of data or formatting, so it is important to carefully choose the conversion method and software.