1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I really need to learn how to do Nodal Analysis by Inspection before Wednesday!

1. Apr 15, 2007 #1
    I really need to learn how to do "Nodal Analysis by Inspection" before Wednesday!

My Prof. told us (very quickly) about some easy method for circuit analysis called "Inspection". Can someone explain, in detail, how this is done? If you want a circuit to demonstrate on, just check my old posts and copy a suitable circuit from there to here.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 15, 2007 #2
    How about this circuit? It has already been solved by using traditional nodal analysis here.

[​IMG]

4. Apr 15, 2007 #3
    Anyone here know how to explain the "by Inspection" part of Nodal Analysis?

5. May 19, 2010 #4
  6. Jul 17, 2010 #5
    Re: I really need to learn how to do "Nodal Analysis by Inspection" before Wednesday!

Though it is late, but no harm in commenting.
    If you inspect that circuit, you will see that the voltage difference between terminals of the 40 Ohm is 120 V. The reason is that the positive terminal of the voltage source is connected to the other side of the 40 ohm resistor. Therefore, Io can be easily found; it is the current of the 40Ohm and we know the voltage drop of that. Thus, Io=120V/40 Ohm=3A.
    For Vo, it is the voltage drop of a short circuit. Therefore, Vo=0V.
    I solved some tricky problems here.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?