I think I discovered a pattern for prime numbers

hotAdaptness
TL;DR Summary
I think I discovered a pattern for prime numbers
I wrote a program that implements the pattern and finds the primes automatically. It worked up to 70 million then it crashed because program holds data in RAM so it can be fixed. It found all the primes up to 70 million and found no exception. I won't explain the pattern because its so complicated and its not officially mine. I couldn't find any documents about this pattern and I think its a new thing. What should I do?

Answers and Replies

fresh_42
Mentor
Insights Author
2022 Award
Summary: I think I discovered a pattern for prime numbers

I wrote a program that implements the pattern and finds the primes automatically. It worked up to 70 million then it crashed because program holds data in RAM so it can be fixed. It found all the primes up to 70 million and found no exception. I won't explain the pattern because its so complicated and its not officially mine. I couldn't find any documents about this pattern and I think its a new thing. What should I do?
The pattern you have found is
$$
\pi(x) \approx \operatorname{Li}(x)=\displaystyle{\int_2^x \dfrac{dt}{\log t}}
$$

Anything else can frankly be considered wrong. See
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/the-history-and-importance-of-the-riemann-hypothesis/
and if you are interested in details
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/the-extended-riemann-hypothesis-and-ramanujans-sum/.

Since it is highly unlikely that you have solved the Riemann conjecture, and even if, it certainly won't fit our format, this thread is closed.

Likes dextercioby

Suggested for: I think I discovered a pattern for prime numbers

Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies