1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want to do research in Applied Physics, what should I do?

1. Aug 22, 2015 #1
    I'm 15 years old and very good at solving hard logic problems. I know a little bit about college mathematics and physics, so I want to write papers.
    After thinking a lot I think Applied Physics is a relative new area that has a lot opportunities, so I want to do research in it. What should I do? where can I start?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 22, 2015 #2

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Before you can do well in applied physics, you should learn the basic physics and be good in it. So, I suggest that you start looking for a good highschool or undergrad textbook in physics (I don't believe there is highschool level manuscript on applied physics) and hone your physical intuition with it. Just an advice, applied physics is a broad field as you can find many things in nature that can be manipulated to be of use in our life. As you proceed in your long awaiting adventure, you may want to narrow down your research field into specific area of applied physics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook