I want to do research in Applied Physics, what should I do?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Willelm
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
I'm 15 years old and very good at solving hard logic problems. I know a little bit about college mathematics and physics, so I want to write papers.
After thinking a lot I think Applied Physics is a relative new area that has a lot opportunities, so I want to do research in it. What should I do? where can I start?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Before you can do well in applied physics, you should learn the basic physics and be good in it. So, I suggest that you start looking for a good high school or undergrad textbook in physics (I don't believe there is high school level manuscript on applied physics) and hone your physical intuition with it. Just an advice, applied physics is a broad field as you can find many things in nature that can be manipulated to be of use in our life. As you proceed in your long awaiting adventure, you may want to narrow down your research field into specific area of applied physics.