I want to take physics as a sophmore in highschool

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
goredsox
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I would like to take physics as a sophmore in high school, but I can't do math in my head at all. I can work through problems though. Also I don't take any accelerated math or science classes, yes it is still possible to do physics.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Then don't do math in your head. There's a reason paper and pencils exist.

Just make sure you're fine with algebra, and learn some trig, and you'll be good with most introductory physics problems.
 
thrill3rnit3 said:
Then don't do math in your head. There's a reason paper and pencils exist.

Just make sure you're fine with algebra, and learn some trig, and you'll be good with most introductory physics problems.

That's right. It's one thing to think through the logic of a problem in your head, to plan out your approach. But actually doing calculations in your head? There's no need for that.