Long-term challenging physics project for high school

helloooooworld
I'm currently a senior in high school and i'm looking for a challenging physics project to do for my physics class since we are supposed to do one during our whole senior year. I first tried to look into fusors but my parents are scared it might be too dangerous -- what are some challenging projects I could do? I have already looked into cloud chambers and cathode ray tubes but neither of those convinces me.

Physics news on Phys.org
"Tell me what I will like" is a hard question to answer.

I will say that you and I have different ideas about what is long-term. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_drop_experiment

Half the school year is gone. You probably will be in better shape by starting something soon than waiting for the perfect project.

1. What makes a physics project considered "long-term"?

A long-term physics project typically involves a significant amount of time and effort, often spanning several weeks or months. It may also require multiple steps or experiments to be completed in order to achieve a final result.

2. What level of physics knowledge is required for a high school challenging project?

A high school challenging physics project typically requires a strong understanding of basic physics principles, such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, and thermodynamics. It may also require some advanced knowledge in a specific area of physics, depending on the project topic.

3. How do I choose a suitable topic for a long-term challenging physics project?

When choosing a topic for a long-term challenging physics project, it is important to consider your interests and strengths in physics. You may also want to consult with your teacher or a mentor for guidance and to ensure the project aligns with your curriculum and resources.

4. What are some examples of long-term challenging physics projects for high school students?

Some examples of long-term challenging physics projects for high school students include building a working model of a roller coaster, designing and testing a solar-powered car, or investigating the physics behind a specific sport or activity.

5. How can I manage my time effectively while working on a long-term challenging physics project?

Managing time effectively is crucial when working on a long-term challenging physics project. It is important to break down the project into smaller, achievable tasks and create a timeline for completing each task. Regularly checking in with a teacher or mentor can also help keep you on track and provide valuable feedback.