I was browsing over my physics course work before going to bed,

In summary, the conversation discusses the realization that the universe exists and the amazement and joy that comes with this realization. The individual reflects on their studies in physics and the disconnect between abstract concepts and the physical world. They also mention their appreciation for moments like these and the need to get some sleep.
Vectus
I was browsing over my physics course work before going to bed, getting ready to take my midterm exam tomorrow, when it suddenly dawned on me:

The universe exists.

o.o

Holy ****! Wow. How ****ing crazy is that? I mean, yeah, all this time I've been deriving equations, trying to understand the principles behind how things work, and using the knowledge and information I've gained to solve problems. But there was always this sort of disconnect between the abstract concepts I was manipulating and the actual real physical universe that I exist in.

And the funny thing about it is that all this time I thought I was amazed by the fact that -I- exist! :rofl:

I am in tears. Just wanted to share a bit of my amazement with you folks here. Moments like these are truly the moments I live for.

...And I think I need to get to sleep now. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org

over-the-horizon-2005.09.04-19.28.28.jpg

I'd like to see your math.

Please check the last date a post was made, this is the second time today that you have responded to an old, dead thread.

It is truly a remarkable realization to grasp the existence of the universe and our place within it. I can relate to the feeling of awe and wonder that comes with understanding the laws and principles that govern our physical world. The fact that we are able to use our knowledge and understanding to solve problems and make advancements is a testament to the incredible complexity and beauty of the universe.

But let's not forget that there is still so much we have yet to discover and understand. The more we learn, the more we realize how much we still don't know. This is what drives us as scientists to continue exploring and pushing the boundaries of our understanding.

So as you prepare for your midterm exam tomorrow, remember to take a moment to appreciate the incredible universe we live in and the privilege we have as scientists to study and unravel its mysteries. And who knows, maybe your newfound appreciation and perspective will even help you ace that exam. Good luck!

1. What is the purpose of browsing over your physics course work before going to bed?

The purpose of browsing over your physics course work before going to bed is to review and reinforce the concepts and information learned in class. This can help improve understanding and retention of the material, leading to better performance on exams and assignments.

2. Is it beneficial to review course work before going to bed?

Yes, it can be beneficial to review course work before going to bed. During sleep, our brains consolidate and process information, so reviewing material before sleeping can help with retention and understanding.

3. How long should I spend browsing over my physics course work before going to bed?

The amount of time spent browsing over course work before going to bed can vary depending on individual study habits and the amount of material to review. It is recommended to spend at least 20-30 minutes to effectively review and refresh the material.

4. Can browsing over course work before going to bed improve my grades?

While browsing over course work before going to bed can be beneficial, it is not a guaranteed way to improve grades. It is just one study technique that can help with retention and understanding of material. Consistent studying and effective learning strategies are key to improving grades.

5. Is it better to browse over course work before or after studying?

It is generally recommended to browse over course work before studying. This can help to prime the brain and refresh the material before diving into more focused studying. However, some individuals may find it more effective to review after studying to reinforce the material and identify any areas that need further clarification.