I watched a kid rip apart his laptop

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter vsage
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Laptop Rip
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
62 replies · 8K views
I don't mind, I have 100 women lining up to be my mistriss.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
I don't mind, I have 100 women lining up to be my mistriss.


Yeah about those. It was a crazy orgy. You should have seen it.
 
vsage said:
So here's the setup: I'm walking out of taco bell in my college's union which exits through the gameroom. I sit down at a seat and watch some people play DDR and this kid comes up next to me (he was at least 18 but you'll see why I call him a kid in a moment) and thinks it would be fashionable to listen to music on his laptop while waiting to play on the machine. He flips the screen open and I notice he's silent next to me and proclaims "What the hell?! My screen is cracked!"

I didn't really know what to think but I was sure that he was about to do something stupid. He gets up and chucks the laptop in the trashcan. That's right: Because of a slightly cracked screen he throws his entire laptop away. He comes back 5 minutes later and proclaims he wanted to save the HDD so he proceeds to rip apart the laptop with his hands, damaging every single component inside (including ultimately the HDD which is now wet from the contents of the trash can).

At this point I was fairly pissed off that someone could just throw away a $1000 item but kept quiet. I glanced over and noticed there was a port that allowed for a monitor to be attached to the laptop and instantly became a little more angry at his wastefulness. I'm not hardcore into technology but I know for a fact that you can transplant LCD screens over with a little knowhow or just asking a computer repair technician. I didn't bother to tell him that though because it appeared to me it wasn't going to make him any less angry so I just walked out.

What are your thoughts on this kid? I still can't believe I saw that just yesterday.

Unfortunately, malicious violence against computers and computer components is becoming an ugly trend. Some sickos even have hate websites showing graphical pictures of computer abuse. Hopefully, these are all off-shore websites. It's hard to imagine anyone in America could actually take pleasure in viewing the sick and violent dismemberment of a helpless computer.

One example of the extreme hate sites exploiting computer technology is shown below:
http://members.aol.com/spoons1000/break/index.html

Warning: Some of the images on this website may not be suitable for all viewers.
 
Last edited by a moderator: