I would like to get a feedback on this video

In summary, this conversation is about a video on quantum mechanics that was shared for feedback. The feedback includes technical issues with sound quality and pacing, as well as suggestions for improvement in the presentation. The video was submitted for an online competition and although it did not win, the creator received helpful feedback and learned a lot from the experience. The conversation ends with gratitude towards those who took the time to review the video.
elia gomez
This is a video on Quantum Mechanics that aims to familiarize people with general interests in physics, with some of the main ideas in quantum mechanics.
can I get feedbacks on it, I don't have any subscribers at all, and I'd like feedbacks to know how the video could be evaluated.
So that's why I decided to share it here.
Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Poor sound quality.
Technical:
  • The volume changes several times and is very low for most of the video. Volume is adequate from 0:35 to 1:00 but you are too close to the mic. (the 'plosives' of the speech {the "P" and "B" sounds} sound like you ar blowing into the mic.)
  • There is also an intermittent hum in the audio.
  • The tone (frequency response) makes it hard to understand. It sounds like the Bass is emphasized and the mid-range cut. Usually the reverse is easier to understand.

Presentation: (the pacing needs to slow down some.)
  • There needs to be a little more time in between sentences.
  • There needs to be short pauses after the statement of each new concept so people have a chance to absorb and understand the idea.
    (the pacing needs to slow down some.)

general comments:
Some more detail and/or explanation about Waves and Energy may be useful; it's a hard concept for many people.

In some instances, your enunciation makes it hard to understand some words.
More voice inflection would be useful. Currently the voice-over comes across as 'droning' ("to speak tediously in a dull monotonous tone"), it seems to all run together.
(A few hours with a voice coach or an acting coach would probably help you a lot.)

Well, that's my humble opinion. Don't be discourged though. Around your age I had to practice technical presentations for months to get them believable. You are certainly off to a good start.

Likes davenn
Tom.G said:
Poor sound quality.
Technical:
  • The volume changes several times and is very low for most of the video. Volume is adequate from 0:35 to 1:00 but you are too close to the mic. (the 'plosives' of the speech {the "P" and "B" sounds} sound like you ar blowing into the mic.)
  • There is also an intermittent hum in the audio.
  • The tone (frequency response) makes it hard to understand. It sounds like the Bass is emphasized and the mid-range cut. Usually the reverse is easier to understand.
Presentation: (the pacing needs to slow down some.)
  • There needs to be a little more time in between sentences.
  • There needs to be short pauses after the statement of each new concept so people have a chance to absorb and understand the idea.
    (the pacing needs to slow down some.)
general comments:
Some more detail and/or explanation about Waves and Energy may be useful; it's a hard concept for many people.

In some instances, your enunciation makes it hard to understand some words.
More voice inflection would be useful. Currently the voice-over comes across as 'droning' ("to speak tediously in a dull monotonous tone"), it seems to all run together.
(A few hours with a voice coach or an acting coach would probably help you a lot.)

Well, that's my humble opinion. Don't be discourged though. Around your age I had to practice technical presentations for months to get them believable. You are certainly off to a good start.

I'm not discouraged at all, it's my very first time working with the technical part also I didn't have the time to do much refinement(It's a competition and there is a deadline) ,
Also, the video had a maximum limit so I had to be brief at some points. Not listing the excuses I have (lol), but telling you that I knew the technical and presentation aspects were going to end up like 3-4 on the scale of 10 maybe lol.
And since it's my very first time, I really REALLY appreciate someone took the time to write me such a detailed feedback, So Thank you!

But I also wanted to know whether the way I discussed the topic made sense and whether it was interesting or not, Because I made my own research about it and there hasn't been like an instructor along the way, so I wasn't only wondering whether people will understand me properly, I was also wondering whether I myself understand it to a good extent.?
Thanks Again!

Likes davenn
elia gomez said:
I'm not discouraged at all, it's my very first time working with the technical part also I didn't have the time to do much refinement(It's a competition and there is a deadline) ,
Also, the video had a maximum limit so I had to be brief at some points. Not listing the excuses I have (lol), but telling you that I knew the technical and presentation aspects were going to end up like 3-4 on the scale of 10 maybe lol.
And since it's my very first time, I really REALLY appreciate someone took the time to write me such a detailed feedback, So Thank you!

hi Elia

it's awesome to see you making a good effort. Video production is a whole 'nuther field on it's own, apart from the lecture aspect.
@Tom.G made lots of good points for improvements and I'm sure if you keep experimenting with all aspects, it's going to be a
wonderful learning experience for you. And as time goes bye, presentation and production will improveDave

Hi Elia

Just wondering how the presentation went. Could you enlighten us?

Tom

Tom.G said:
Hi Elia

Just wondering how the presentation went. Could you enlighten us?

Tom

Oh, Hello again Tom, I really thank you for asking and I'm sorry I took long but I only saw this now.

The presentation as I told you was my submission in an online competition (breakthrough junior challenge). I didn't really get anywhere with the competition, but I met with other participants and got feedbacks from them, which was really good for me. Right now the way I viewed so many things has changed( learning about scientific ideas and presenting them)
, and so overall I was surely benefited in some way. (Major way actually)

I'm very thankful for everyone who took the time to review my video, whether on PF or somewhere else.

So thanks again Tom! for your initial rich feedback and for asking about how far it went.

Likes Tom.G and davenn
elia gomez said:
The presentation as I told you was my submission in an online competition (breakthrough junior challenge). I didn't really get anywhere with the competition, but I met with other participants and got feedbacks from them, which was really good for me. Right now the way I viewed so many things has changed( learning about scientific ideas and presenting them)
, and so overall I was surely benefited in some way. (Major way actually)

Thanks for reporting back :smile:

1. What is the purpose of this video?

The purpose of this video is to gather feedback and opinions from viewers about the content and quality of the video.

2. Who is the target audience for this video?

The target audience for this video can vary depending on the topic, but in general, it is aimed towards anyone who is interested in the subject matter of the video.

3. How will the feedback gathered from this video be used?

The feedback from this video will be used to improve the content and production of future videos. It will also help the creator to understand what aspects of the video resonated with viewers and what can be improved upon.

4. Can I provide feedback anonymously?

Yes, you can provide feedback anonymously. You do not need to disclose your name or any personal information in the feedback form.

5. How can I provide feedback on this video?

You can provide feedback by filling out the feedback form in the description or comments section of the video. You can also send a direct message to the creator with your feedback.