1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ideas for a Quick Physical Chemistry project

1. Apr 16, 2007 #1
    My professor asked us to think of ideas to do a quick computational project in physical chemistry (he says quick because there are only a few weeks of school left). I will be using the student edition of the Spartan P-Chem software. I really don't have any idea what I should do. I prefer something as closely related to physics as possible given that I am a Physics major. Maybe something related to energy levels, particle in a box, potential well stuff? I don't know. Ideas anyone?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 18, 2007 #2
    Has no one ever used Spartan or something to do computational chemistry?

4. Apr 18, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

I'm not much help, but the computational chemistry write-up at wikipedia.org is interesting for me:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_chemistry

Also, they have a pretty good list of topics in physical chemistry, including quantum chemistry. Do you see anything in the wikipedia lists that looks like a good candidate for your project?

5. Apr 18, 2007 #4
    Hmmm. Actually, I think that may have helped. The part where it relates it to solid state physics had a few links that kind of sparked my interest. Electron holes sounded good. I'll probably ask my professor about it so see if he can suggest something specific that I can do in a reasonable amount of time. Thanks!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?