Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If i can ask this any way of downloading window 7 for free well

1. Aug 9, 2011 #1
    if i can ask this any way of downloading window 7 for free well windows vista and i don't get along

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2011 #2

turbo

Gold Member

4. Aug 10, 2011 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Re: windows

The only way I know, to get Windows 7 for free, is to be a student or faculty member at a university that has a site license that allows them to distribute it to students and faculty for educational purposes.

We do not allow requests for illegal download sites.

5. Aug 10, 2011 #4

turbo

Gold Member

The link that I posted is from microsoft, and it seems that they will allow no-cost upgrades from Vista to 7 as long as you stay within the 32-bit OR 64-bit versions (within limits). So there may be a way to avoid extra charges for the upgrade.

6. Aug 10, 2011 #5

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Microsoft sells separate "upgrade" and "full" editions of Windows 7. The instructions that you linked to, almost certainly refer to this upgrade edition. I don't see a reference to a free upgrade. I do see a reference on page 2 to the 25-character Windows product key that you get when you buy Windows 7 either in a box or by downloading it (and paying for it) online.

On Amazon.com:

Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade (if you're currently running Vista or XP)

Windows 7 Home Premium (if you're not currently running Vista or XP)

7. Aug 10, 2011 #6

turbo

Gold Member

Oops, jtbell. I missed that. $150 for the upgrade family pack, which give you a number of upgrade options.

8. Aug 10, 2011 #7

thanks guys

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook