If Oxygen is flammable why dont we blow up while we were using a cigar lighter

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter uykusuz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Oxygen
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
32 replies · 7K views
sophiecentaur said:
And WHO has all the launch vehicles these days? The Russians got up 'there' first. US got to the Moon first - it may well be someone else for the next significant step. There's no point in crowing about a success that was more than 30 years ago. We could discuss the relative merits of spending money on Space or other things.

I seem to have made a few additions and clarifications to my post since you read it. Sorry.

As I later implied, it was war, not a foot race.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Fair enough.
I think it's so sad that the poor old Soviets actually felt so totally threatened by the West and spend so much of their meagre GDP on things like space and weapons whilst their population had such poor quality of life. That Stalin has a lot to answer for. Also Churchill and a few others.
 
I don't know what 'Soviets' are. People are people and leadership are those who almost invariably co-opt a piece of their action, in labor, blood, and whatever it takes to maintain their positions. I know this is far off the topic, but those who also demand you think and feel as they dictate are the most evil and labeled themselves communists. They are not communists, but frauds. By using the label of equality they promote themselves above equality for their own gain. The Russian people themselves have suffered under Czars, communists and now KGB turned mafia for a very, very, very long time. I wish them better.