If quantum particles can move to other universes, can macroscopic things move?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
TheQuestionGuy14
Messages
158
Reaction score
8
I was just wondering if macroscopic things like a book or even a human can travel to another universe, like quantum particles.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
TheQuestionGuy14 said:
I was just wondering if macroscopic things like a book or even a human can travel to another universe, like quantum particles.
What makes you think that ANYTHING can "move to another universe"
 
TheQuestionGuy14 said:
I was just wondering if macroscopic things like a book or even a human can travel to another universe, like quantum particles.

Quantum particles can't. Where are you getting this from?
 
TheQuestionGuy14 said:
I was just wondering if macroscopic things like a book or even a human can travel to another universe, like quantum particles.

The way you're putting it sounds like its suggested that energy/mass disappears from "our universe", breaking energy conservation. The many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, which you've probably gotten this idea from, doesn't allow anything like this, as doesn't any other serious physical theory. There are probably many threads here that clarify the many-worlds interpretation of QM, use the search feature to find some.
 
TheQuestionGuy14 said:
I was just wondering if macroscopic things like a book or even a human can travel to another universe
A very problematic question to answer, since we don't know if there are other universes. (the quantum aspect has already been answered by others above)