If you could change your user name

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Change
In summary: So we keep the same instincts as our primate and pre-primate ancestors, but we superimpose culture and law on top of this. So we get split in two, dig? You might say, mankind is the statutory ape."In summary, the conversation revolved around changing usernames and the difficulty of coming up with creative ones. Some suggestions were RainStorm, Basil, Black Crowe, and Lisab. The conversation also touched on the love for basil, ravens, and the use of usernames for hunting. Finally, the conversation ended with one participant discussing their username, MarkovChaney, and its origins.

She's female. That's all that maters.

Physics news on Phys.org

dlgoff said:
I've always wondered how long it took you to log in with your handle. Copy and past maybe?

I never log in. I have been logged in ever since I registered.

I would change my username to Superaveragenova.

Jimmy Snyder said:
When my next sex change operation comes around perhaps I will.

"...next...?"

I like my name as it is.

mugaliens said:
"...next...?"
I've had so many I can't remember what I started out as.

╔(σ_σ)╝ said:
I never log in. I have been logged in ever since I registered.
:rofl: You high speed connection folks... Rural internet sucks.

Jimmy Snyder said:
I've had so many I can't remember what I started out as.
Well, it's like the Monty Hall paradox implies, picking twice increases your chances of being right.

I wouldn't. I am who I am. :wink:

At one point I was going to changed mine to "d-cubed" or "3D" -- but everybody wanted me to keep "physics girl phd" (to explain, I was writing my thesis when I discovered PF online, and found being a homework helper a great procrastination device). D-cubed roughly matches my "initials."

I like "basil" (probably because, like turbo, I like the spice-- but as a teen I also liked a book with a character named Basil), but then i'll confess to liking "lisab" as much or more. I guess we get to know each other by certain names and therefore poo-poo it if someone wants to switch. I guess if someone switches then they definitely should keep around the same avatar for a while to ease the transition.