If you had one wish, what would it be?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: Problems Originally posted by Mistress Lilith lol... yeah we [guys] are pretty stupid from time to time, hell half the time i wish i could mind read my own thoughts cause i usually dont' know what i am thinking anyway... yeah a lot of the time egos drive fights and assumptions are at an all time high and always sucks when that happens, i think everyone on this forum can relate and despite this being general discussion i doubt counseling...or wish granting... will solve the Problems
Originally posted by Tsunami
Grrrrrrrr.
So, what are you saying? You're both the evil twin?

Physics news on Phys.org
I repeat:
What's your point?
<---see avatar face

Grrrrrrrr.
'That's two.' :wink:

hmm.. I just noticed Tsunamis' avatar and it scares me. That dog looks like its about to maim or kill someone.

Id wish for infinite wishes hehe

I repeat:
'That's two.' :wink:
So, Tsunami, I can't seem to find your wish.

(Incidently, I learned of Evo's wickedness from her, herself. "Evo" is a kind of mispronounciation of "Evil". She told me this herself. I swear. It's back in the "Cutest Guy/Gal" thread, or the "Member Photo Thread" or somewhere. Ask her.)

i would wish that people would like me for me, so that i shouldn't feel like i have to put on a facade. that would be wonderful!

*hearing the distinct sounds of back-peddling Zooby shoes, Tsunami chuckles to herself*

I repeat:

What's your point?
<---see avatar face

Grrrrrrrr.

That's three!

*oh boy* *attacks Zooby's wet-with-drool, smelly, hairy pantleg and rips it to shreds - spits it out in disgust thinking 'Geez. Take a BATH, Zoob.'*

OK. Had enough? Or shall I wish for a TLE-FREE world?

Evo and I are only evil if we are PUSHED into it. But I'm the older twin, so I have more experience. So, watch yourself Mr. Zooby. Unless you have something against that other pantleg of yours...:wink: WARNING! Once I finish with the pantlegs, I just start working my way up, leaving chaos and destruction in my wake...

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
So, Tsunami, I can't seem to find your wish.

(Incidently, I learned of Evo's wickedness from her, herself. "Evo" is a kind of mispronounciation of "Evil". She told me this herself. I swear. It's back in the "Cutest Guy/Gal" thread, or the "Member Photo Thread" or somewhere. Ask her.)
heheh, yes, it's all true. My daughter, the "child of evil" (her nickname because she can get anything she wants from anyone just by giving them "the look"), evil became "evo". :smile:

Originally posted by Evo
heheh, yes, it's all true. My daughter, the "child of evil" (her nickname because she can get anything she wants from anyone just by giving them "the look"), evil became "evo". :smile:
Yes, I remember. But if the 'child of evil' is YOUR child, YOU are the 'evil' in the equation, correct!? See, I KNEW you were up to no good when you suggested removing those labels from the pillows and mattresses when we were kids... ATTAGIRL! THAT'S my twin! :wink: You're the BEST!

ps
you're supposed to be sleeping! go to BED!

Originally posted by Evo
Anyway, with this confession in mind, let those who post wishes in this thread beware. (Including you, Tsunami.) Have reruns of The Twilight Zone taught you all nothing?

Oh, I can't believe all the people who are falling into Evo's wicked trap. here. Every T.V. show, movie, and ancient legend about being granted wishes clearly ends up such that your wish is granted in some frustratingly perverse way, no matter how pure hearted. Wish for world peace and the next day you wake up the only person left on Earth - that sort of thing.

I have pondered this many times as well, but I think there's an easy loophole. Say you want to wish for X. Then you request:

"I wish for X to occur, in such a way that if I were able to preview the results of my wish, I would be perfectly satisfied that my wish had been granted to the fullest of my wishful intent."

I think I would wish for everyone on the planet to become enlightened, with the above previso, of course. Although it would be tempting to wish for the ability to slip into any state of consciousness that is possible (including nonhuman ones) at will.

Originally posted by hypnagogue
"I wish for X to occur, in such a way that if I were able to preview the results of my wish, I would be perfectly satisfied that my wish had been granted to the fullest of my wishful intent."
So, what binds the genie to making the "real" fullfillment live up to the "preview?"
I think I would wish for everyone on the planet to become enlightened, with the above previso, of course.
Catch 22: Enlightened people don't make wishes. Buddha said desire is the cause of all suffering.
Although it would be tempting to wish for the ability to slip into any state of consciousness that is possible (including nonhuman ones) at will.
If you rid yourself of all wishes you would have this ability, but you wouldn't particularly care to use it.

Hey zooby, you could be a solicitor too! partners?

Originally posted by Evo
If you were given just one wish that would come true, what would it be? What one thing do you want more than anything?

No fair wishing for more wishes, or that all of your wishes be granted. You have ONE wish.

My wish would be that my daughter will always be happy in whatever she chooses.

A commendable wish.

I wish for what I always wish for on these type of threads: The "Learning Machine" from Battlefield Earth.

Originally posted by jimmy p
Hey zooby, you could be a solicitor too! partners?
Me? No. I prefer the life of a lawless scoundrel...Hey! I'd make a perfect lawyer, wouldn't I?

wish

I would wish that all humans could have the same good fortune and opportunity in life that i have had.

So, what binds the genie to making the "real" fullfillment live up to the "preview?"

There is no preview; it's just that IF I could have a preview of what the genie definitely was going to do, I would approve. The wish must be fulfilled in such a way that it satisfies this condition. Should work unless the genie went to law school.

Catch 22: Enlightened people don't make wishes. Buddha said desire is the cause of all suffering.

That's ok, since I'm not enlightened right now so I can make any wish I want. :wink:

If you rid yourself of all wishes you would have this ability, but you wouldn't particularly care to use it.

Maybe. What is the fullness of a half-tall glass?

The Ultimate 'Utopian' wish where 'Wishes' would not be needed!