If you had one wish, what would it be?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: Problems Originally posted by Mistress Lilith lol... yeah we [guys] are pretty stupid from time to time, hell half the time i wish i could mind read my own thoughts cause i usually dont' know what i am thinking anyway... yeah a lot of the time egos drive fights and assumptions are at an all time high and always sucks when that happens, i think everyone on this forum can relate and despite this being general discussion i doubt counseling...or wish granting... will solve the Problems
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
If you were given just one wish that would come true, what would it be? What one thing do you want more than anything?

No fair wishing for more wishes, or that all of your wishes be granted. You have ONE wish.

My wish would be that my daughter will always be happy in whatever she chooses.

Physics news on Phys.org
I wish that, at the end of my life, I will have left the world in the better state than when I entered it.

- Warren

evo, i am with you, except i have a daughter and a son and would wish the same for both...

I wish for the elimination of violence (physical, sexual, emotional, etc etc) and violent people, and the triumph of niceness and nice people.

I wish for fear and worry to be abolished.

Selfish as it is, I wish that i were happy.

I would wish for the answers to every question.

Then again...
That might be boring.

I would wish to becomd a best-selling author.

To hold infinity in the palm of my hand.

Originally posted by one_raven
I would wish to becomd a best-selling author.

I suppose I should learn how to spell first, but I can't be bothered with such trivialities.

maybe you should wish you could spell :wink:? What genre would you like to best-sell in?

Originally posted by jimmy p
maybe you should wish you could spell :wink:?
I would like to ammend my wish please.

What genre would you like to best-sell in?
It doesn't matter.
I have different ideas that I suppose could be classified in different genres.
My latest project crosses a few lines...
It is a series of novels with some elements of fantasy, philosophy, social commentary, religion and a few other things thrown in there.

I wish that I could just read people's minds and know what they were thinking while they were thinking it- the truth. Especially in times where I'm having a fight with one of my close friends (yes, it's happening now) and they just expect me to know these things without communicating with me. It's frustrating to say the least..

Originally posted by Mistress Lilith
I wish that I could just read people's minds and know what they were thinking while they were thinking it- the truth. Especially in times where I'm having a fight with one of my close friends (yes, it's happening now) and they just expect me to know these things without communicating with me. It's frustrating to say the least..

this would be helpful with girls

sorry to hear you are fighting with your close friend tho :(

mind reading is pretty cool thing to wish for...us poor guys never understand what women think,

Originally posted by MacTech
this would be helpful with girls

It'd be helpful with the boys too believe me! I can just hear all the girls thinking, so that's why he didn't call me and said he would! LoL :wink:
sorry to hear you are fighting with your close friend tho :(
Yeh, well what can you do..? (Except sit here and wish I could read minds...) But seriously, I'm sure they just assume I know exactly how they're feeling and what they're thinking, and if i don't that makes me an even WORSE friend.. ah well. General discussion, not counselling, right? LoL

mind reading is pretty cool thing to wish for...us poor guys never understand what women think,
Then ask us?! LoL. That's one of the things I love most about my boyfriend, he'll randomly ask "What are you thinking, baby?" and it catches me off guard so I can't even think of something fast enough to make up. I end up telling him what it was. No joke, if you want to know, just ask. Straight out. It's the best way

It'd be helpful with the boys too believe me! I can just hear all the girls thinking, so that's why he didn't call me and said he would! LoL :wink:

Yeh, well what can you do..? (Except sit here and wish I could read minds...) But seriously, I'm sure they just assume I know exactly how they're feeling and what they're thinking, and if i don't that makes me an even WORSE friend.. ah well. General discussion, not counselling, right? LoL

lol... yeah we [guys] are pretty stupid from time to time, hell half the time i wish i could mind read my own thoughts cause i usually dont' know what i am thinking

anyway... yeah a lot of the time egos drive fights and assumptions are at an all time high and always sucks when that happens, i think everyone on this forum can relate and despite this being general discussion i doubt counseling is ruled out.

most of the time i don't even know what I'M thinking!

welcome to the world of the husband

Kudos to Evo & Kerrie on their parenting instinct.

The perfect pint of beer, with the perfect head, chilled to perfection and served by a beautiful blonde Australian Barmaid, with big breasts (have to be natural though).

:wink: :wink: :wink: *drools* i want Andy's wish, THAT would satisfy me!

hehe always a loophole.

I wish for my friend to be able to grant any wish I ever want.

All the other nice stuff will follow.

hey hey, i only wished to be happy. that would make me happy. Problem solved lol

Originally posted by megashawn
hehe always a loophole.

I wish for my friend to be able to grant any wish I ever want.

All the other nice stuff will follow.
Heheh, very clever.

I wish I knew. Doh! Wasted it!

If I still had my one wish, I would wish that greed would be eliminated. If this was gone from all people I can only imagine the world would be a better place.

Oh, I can't believe all the people who are falling into Evo's wicked trap. here. Every T.V. show, movie, and ancient legend about being granted wishes clearly ends up such that your wish is granted in some frustratingly perverse way, no matter how pure hearted. Wish for world peace and the next day you wake up the only person left on Earth - that sort of thing.

The moral is never wish for anything from any supernatural source that can make it come true: not genies, magic monkey paws, entities from the "Q" continuum, made men, or elves.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
Oh, I can't believe all the people who are falling into Evo's wicked trap.
Listen here, Mr Zooby. You'd better be watching who you're accusing of setting 'wicked traps'. *insert scowling smilie here* She's my twin (seperated at birth) and you if accuse HER, you accuse ME. I'll not be having any of that! (see my avatar face? That'll be turned on YOU if you don't watch your step! you should be quivering in abject terror now! )

Well, I can't think of any way to perverse wishing for my friend to have the ability to grant my wishes.

The loophole stands!

So, Tsunami, I bet you're the one who talked her into neglecting the standard consumer warning: Be Careful What You Wish For, Because You Might Just Get It!*
*Do not remove this label under penalty of law.

Well, I can't think of any way to perverse wishing for my friend to have the ability to grant my wishes.

I wish to stop everyone's wishes from ever happening. I win

Wouldnt that nullify YOUR wish as well? You should have said "everyone but my". And you can't cheerfully withdraw it now, your wish is wasted HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wouldnt that nullify YOUR wish as well? You should have said "everyone but my". And you can't cheerfully withdraw it now, your wish is wasted HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
jimmy, you may have a future as a solicitor. Nice way with technicalities.

Originally posted by zoobyshoe
So, Tsunami, I bet you're the one who talked her into neglecting the standard consumer warning: Be Careful What You Wish For, Because You Might Just Get It!*

*Do not remove this label under penalty of law.
What's your point?
<---see avatar face

Grrrrrrrr.