Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If you had one wish, what would it be?

1. Feb 15, 2004 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

If you were given just one wish that would come true, what would it be? What one thing do you want more than anything?

No fair wishing for more wishes, or that all of your wishes be granted. You have ONE wish.

My wish would be that my daughter will always be happy in whatever she chooses.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 15, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I wish that, at the end of my life, I will have left the world in the better state than when I entered it.

- Warren

4. Feb 15, 2004 #3

Kerrie

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

evo, i am with you, except i have a daughter and a son and would wish the same for both...

5. Feb 16, 2004 #4
    I wish for the elimination of violence (physical, sexual, emotional, etc etc) and violent people, and the triumph of niceness and nice people.

6. Feb 16, 2004 #5
    I wish for fear and worry to be abolished.

7. Feb 16, 2004 #6

jimmy p

Gold Member

Selfish as it is, I wish that i were happy.

8. Feb 16, 2004 #7
    I would wish for the answers to every question.

9. Feb 16, 2004 #8
    Then again...
    That might be boring.

I would wish to becomd a best-selling author.

10. Feb 16, 2004 #9
    To hold infinity in the palm of my hand.

11. Feb 16, 2004 #10
    I suppose I should learn how to spell first, but I can't be bothered with such trivialities.

12. Feb 16, 2004 #11

jimmy p

Gold Member

maybe you should wish you could spell :wink:? What genre would you like to best-sell in?

13. Feb 16, 2004 #12
    I would like to ammend my wish please.

It doesn't matter.
    I have different ideas that I suppose could be classified in different genres.
    My latest project crosses a few lines...
    It is a series of novels with some elements of fantasy, philosophy, social commentary, religion and a few other things thrown in there.

14. Feb 16, 2004 #13
    I wish that I could just read people's minds and know what they were thinking while they were thinking it- the truth. Especially in times where i'm having a fight with one of my close friends (yes, it's happening now) and they just expect me to know these things without communicating with me. It's frustrating to say the least..

15. Feb 16, 2004 #14
    this would be helpful with girls

sorry to hear you are fighting with your close friend tho :(

16. Feb 16, 2004 #15

jimmy p

Gold Member

mind reading is pretty cool thing to wish for...us poor guys never understand what women think,

17. Feb 16, 2004 #16

It'd be helpful with the boys too believe me! I can just hear all the girls thinking, so that's why he didn't call me and said he would!! LoL :wink:
    Yeh, well what can you do..? (Except sit here and wish I could read minds...) But seriously, I'm sure they just assume I know exactly how they're feeling and what they're thinking, and if i don't that makes me an even WORSE friend.. ah well. General discussion, not counselling, right? LoL

18. Feb 16, 2004 #17
    Then ask us?! LoL. That's one of the things I love most about my boyfriend, he'll randomly ask "What are you thinking, baby?" and it catches me off guard so I can't even think of something fast enough to make up. I end up telling him what it was. No joke, if you want to know, just ask. Straight out. It's the best way

19. Feb 16, 2004 #18
    lol... yeah we [guys] are pretty stupid from time to time, hell half the time i wish i could mind read my own thoughts cause i usually dont' know what i am thinking

anyway... yeah a lot of the time egos drive fights and assumptions are at an all time high and always sucks when that happens, i think everyone on this forum can relate and despite this being general discussion i doubt counseling is ruled out.

20. Feb 16, 2004 #19

jimmy p

Gold Member

most of the time i dont even know what I'M thinking!!

21. Feb 16, 2004 #20
    welcome to the world of the husband

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?