I'll show you my google if you show me yours

  • Thread starter Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Google
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
49 replies · 9K views
Physics news on Phys.org
zoobyshoe said:
Perhaps super-enabler would be more on target:

"Morales is the left-wing leader of Bolivia's cocalero movement – a loose federation of coca leaf-growing campesinos who are resisting the efforts of the United States government to eradicate coca in the province of Chapare in southeastern Bolivia."
Hey, he only grew coca plants - you can't call him a drug dealer for that. It's like referring to nuclear scientists as terrorists. Coca can be very good for you, don't you know ?

Here, read this : http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=healthNews&storyID=2006-02-13T140435Z_01_N10265722_RTRUKOC_0_US-BOLIVIA-COCA.xml&archived=False

:bugeye:
 
Gokul43201 said:
Hey, he only grew coca plants - you can't call him a drug dealer for that. It's like referring to nuclear scientists as terrorists. Coca can be very good for you, don't you know ?

Here, read this : http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=healthNews&storyID=2006-02-13T140435Z_01_N10265722_RTRUKOC_0_US-BOLIVIA-COCA.xml&archived=False

:bugeye:
Something tells me they don't chew it and make it into tea for the nutritional value any more than some people want hemp to be legalized for its useful fibers.
 
wolram said:
Thanks Tribe, i have multiple personalities now, some mothers have a lot to answer for giving their sons such yucky first names.
who the hell is tribe?
 
tribdog said:
who the hell is tribe?

Your other other personality. If you catch my drift.
 
zoobyshoe said:
Your good twin.

I think you mean doppelganger.
 
franznietzsche said:
I think you mean doppelganger.
No. Trib is Tribe's evil twin, so Tribe is Trib's good twin.

Wolram didn't realize which twin he was addressing since they are identical.
 
zoobyshoe said:
No. Trib is Tribe's evil twin, so Tribe is Trib's good twin.

Wolram didn't realize which twin he was addressing since they are identical.


Is it incorrect to refer to tribe as the good doppelganger?
 
franznietzsche said:
Is it incorrect to refer to tribe as the good doppelganger?
I think so because doppelgangers don't come in good and evil sets. You and your doppelganger are both good or evil. They're exactly like you.

Some twins are the same, but some come in good and evil pairs.
 
Tribdog, is this you?

http://saltlakecity.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel06/pornography021606.htm

:eek:

I hope it's someone else who shares your name.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I didn't realize I'm a clone.
1.website comes up with programing(or physics) gradute student
2.Picture of a star wars geek
3.A dead guy
4.A hacker...
5. *cough*From the state I live in *cough*
6.More nerds
 
I've got seven pages all about me :biggrin:
all on publications (papers and conferences) and people who cite those references on their websites.
 
My nickname and surname generates almost 250 hits. There are quite a few "imposters" out there, but many real hits relating to antique firearms, historical items, amplifiers, guitars, vacuum tubes, etc. Some of these hits are primarily to my work but some are tangential. My given name and surname generates fewer hits, but most of them (including human rights and cosmology) are spot-on.
 
klusener said:
Tribdog, is this you?

http://saltlakecity.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel06/pornography021606.htm

:eek:

I hope it's someone else who shares your name.
No that's not me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the hits for my name (2+ pages worth) are about a engineer working for a city up in Washington. Oddly enough, he lives on Portland ave!

Two of the hits actually are me. A few years ago, I tried my hand at creating an aircraft for Microsoft's flight simulator. I uploaded it to a site for others to download. Its still there (and apparently has been downloaded over 4000 times.), I also found it on a French[i/] flight sim site.
 
My real name brings up some pages with downloads for some third-party utilities I did for a couple of games a few years back. That and a handful of profile pages from hiking/backpacking forums.

Most of the links were for an alter ego out west who does composing and cinematography, and enjoys cribbage.
-GeoMike-