Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'll show you my google if you show me yours

1. Feb 12, 2006 #1
    I typed my first and last name (brian Whipple) into google just out of curiosity and the very first link actually pointed to something about me. Does your name google something about you?

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 12, 2006 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, I've been careful, googling my name only turns up a gorgeous stripper.

4. Feb 12, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

My name comes up with absolutely nothing

5. Feb 12, 2006 #4
    My name tells you my minesweeper scores, nanosweeper scores, and also a calculator game I made a loooong time ago, those are the links with my name that are actually me.

I have 2 alliases, that imo are unique, and one has quite a few google results (2,000+) that are all me. My other allias, mattmns, has 599 results. Hmm, you can find my real name, and other alliases I use from my name here :redface:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  6. Feb 12, 2006 #5
    I know, I already checked.
    so it does point to you

7. Feb 12, 2006 #6

Evo

She's hot, isn't she? Not too bad to be confused with her.

I mean, OMG, I'm being confused with this gorgeous stripper!! :surprised :devil:

OK, THE SMILIES HAVE MOVED 10 TIMES ALREADY TONIGHT.

STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Feb 12, 2006 #7
    Well, if you aren't going to tell us your name, at least show us a pic of her :smile:

9. Feb 12, 2006 #8

Evo

I can't, those kind of pictures aren't allowed here. :blushing:

10. Feb 12, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl: Googling my name used to quickly come up with relevant links, but it seems I have clones running around having a lot more fun than I do now. According to Google, I'm a competitor in equestrian events, a painter, own a mansion, and the only relevant link that came up was from a discussion group I belonged to back in 1996! :rofl:

11. Feb 12, 2006 #10
    :grumpy: Maybe someone will pm me the pic o:)

12. Feb 12, 2006 #11

Mk

13. Feb 12, 2006 #12

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some of my links actually pertain to me, like my ex-presidency of some of my university organizations. There's also another chap with the same name running marathons (rather poorly) up in Canada.

- Warren

14. Feb 12, 2006 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

Hey look...I guess I have my own domain name!!

I think that image of me must have been photoshopped though :uhh:

http://www.jamesupton.com/

15. Feb 12, 2006 #14
    Mine brings up a court case where someone with my name was appearing on behalf of a slave accused of rape. :confused:

16. Feb 13, 2006 #15
    gale17 used to point to pages on pf when i googled it, and google images had the first photo i posted on pf. since i changed it to just Gale though, nothing. and my real name doesn't get anything about me either. it even thinks i spelled it wrong..

17. Feb 13, 2006 #16
    With quotes, 14 out of the 22 results are mine (as are the first 8). Without quotes, the first 7 results are mine, but the rest (which is hundreds) are mostly about a fairly well-known actor with the same last name as me. (He was on M*A*S*H.)

18. Feb 13, 2006 #17

Astronuc

Mine just shows up conferences, publications, and some websites to which I contributed or was a technical advisor.

19. Feb 13, 2006 #18
    Wow, Evo is actually a male drug kingpin masquerading as a mentor here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evo_Morales

I've always suspected there was more than a common virus behind her complaints of having the "sniffles".

20. Feb 13, 2006 #19
    my pf name turned up about 847,000,000 hits! But my real name only came up with a few ones about me.

21. Feb 13, 2006 #20
    Well my nick search shows, besides some of my posts here and few other forums, an (obvious) fact that there are really lot of russian people who's name is Igor, and their surname begins with S. :biggrin:

My real name search shows up one of my seminars I did in physics (prof has put it online), my membership in online rally racing competition, small ball team (which I NEVER played :) and some web pages I created for a guy who still owes me some money. :grumpy:

Oh yeah... BTW, I appearently own a (french) restaurant in NY :rofl: ... although it's not decorated in my style, it's nice. And I have already donated some food from this restaurant to homeless children. o:) Woohoo ! :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?