I'm addicted to you-tube ASMR videos

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiracPool
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Videos
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
41 replies · 10K views
DiracPool
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
514
I think these are the best thing humanity has to offer, I have a renewed faith
 
Physics news on Phys.org
There's about 20 new ones every day, life is good!
 
DiracPool said:
I have a renewed faith

Your thread made me lose what was left of my faith in humanity. Thank you very much.
 
bp_psy said:
Your thread made me lose what was left of my faith in humanity. Thank you very much.

You're confusing me, these ASMR girls are so comforting...
 
I've come to the conclusion that you produce something or your a fraud. So get busy.
 
And your production is: ...posts on PF? The only thing I can claim to produce is flatulence. Literally and metaphorically.
 
jim mcnamara said:
And your production is: ...posts on PF? The only thing I can claim to produce is flatulence. Literally and metaphorically.

OMG jim
 
I'm listening to 22 Acacia Avenue right now. Lol
 
DiracPool said:
I'm listening to 22 Acacia Avenue right now. Lol

Maiden >>>>>>Annoying sounds and mind scaring whispers.
It's a physical law.
 
bp_psy said:
Maiden >>>>>>Annoying sounds and mind scaring whispers.
It's a physical law.

Lol. Don't challenge me on Maiden, bP. Your going to lose
 
DiracPool said:
Lol. Don't challenge me on Maiden, bP. Your going to lose

Only if there's nothing to bet on.
 
Sorry, I had to delete that comment, because I don't want to get banned
 
DiracPool said:
Look Dirac pool is bored with your unclever comment
I am somewhat entertained by your made up word. Only barely.
 
I'm so lonely, Bp, I can't take it anymore

I cried a river of tears today
 
Last edited by a moderator:
DiracPool said:
I'm so lonely, Bp, I can't take it anymore
Create an alter ego or two. It helps a bunch.
 
DiracPool said:
You're confusing me, these ASMR girls are so comforting...

You should check out RelaxingASMR's channel. He's my favorite; I learn something new almost every new video.

Here's one of his latest videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyx14OZWjxc

I need to take a break from ASMR videos because I'm not getting brain tingles anymore. This happens every so often and I have to stop watching them for a couple weeks. It's been really difficult to fall asleep. :frown:
 
Dembadon said:
You should check out RelaxingASMR's channel. He's my favorite; I learn something new almost every new video.

Here's one of his latest videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyx14OZWjxc

I need to take a break from ASMR videos because I'm not getting brain tingles anymore. This happens every so often and I have to stop watching them for a couple weeks. It's been really difficult to fall asleep. :frown:

I don't even get the tingles an I love them. Man, that would be a bonus.

Aren't you a little old to be wasting time with these? You claim to have refereed peer-reviewed articles, so you must at least have gone to grad school putting you in your mid-20's at the least.

If you claim you're lonely, why do you waste time all day watching videos? Or maybe this is just some joke which I don't get (and probably don't want to).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks interesting to me, I'll give such a video a try. It's like meditation, but then different?
 
dipole said:
Aren't you a little old to be wasting time with these? You claim to have refereed peer-reviewed articles, so you must at least have gone to grad school putting you in your mid-20's at the least.

If you claim you're lonely, why do you waste time all day watching videos? Or maybe this is just some joke which I don't get (and probably don't want to).

Lol. I can't even get it together to take the GRE. Some genius.

And ASMR videos are NOT a waste of time, are you kidding?

Edit: have you ever watched one, Dipole?

I suggest watching one of the role play ones, like the cranial exam or something like that. I don't get the tingles or whatever else it is that ASMR is supposed to engage, I just love that that someone is trying to get me tingling, and they're doing it 20 times a day, life is good

dipole said:
Aren't you a little old to be wasting time with these? You claim to have refereed peer-reviewed articles, so you must at least have gone to grad school putting you in your mid-20's at the least.

If you claim you're lonely, why do you waste time all day watching videos? Or maybe this is just some joke which I don't get (and probably don't want to).

And I don't claim to referee peer-reviewed articles, I do it for free, I should get paid. And yes, I'm too old for a lot of things.
Monique said:
Looks interesting to me, I'll give such a video a try. It's like meditation, but then different?

I'm not joking when I said its the best humanity has to offer. I challenge anybody to prove me wrong.

If you have an addictive personality, you might want to stay away, take it from a fellow addict :wink:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dirac, please stop making so many small posts. I'm merging them.

Oh course, as usual, the merge failed.
 
Last edited:
Evo said:
Dirac, please stop making so many small posts. I'm merging them.

Ok, sorry Evo.
 
I did stop smoking, though, 2 months ago because you scolded me, so thanks. I just needed that
 
Evo said:
Dirac, please stop making so many small posts. I'm merging them.

Oh course, as usual, the merge failed.
LOOOL Evo the babysitter.
 
I watched an hour of ASMR once and it felt pretty good (brain felt weird). I stopped after I realized I wasn't getting the same buzz the second time around and I needed to watch more ASMR. I think the reason is because my brain was getting used to the excessive amounts of dopamine. Honestly, I wasn't being productive either. It was almost like I was setting on fire the remaining time I have to live.
 
Monique said:
Looks interesting to me, I'll give such a video a try. It's like meditation, but then different?

Yeah, new and interesting. So me be scientifically curious, I investigated and got a tingle with Ms. Spa but it wasn't in the brain:



Edit:

I'm sorry guys. I'm afraid I made a mistake, and this being a science forum and all. My apologies. Please let me correct myself: My tingle was in the brain.

Edit #2:

One last comment for the historical record before I go and was one of the first thoughts that came to my mind after seeing AMSR for the first time yesterday:

. . . where are you Freud.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Turion said:
I watched an hour of ASMR once and it felt pretty good (brain felt weird). I stopped after I realized I wasn't getting the same buzz the second time around and I needed to watch more ASMR. I think the reason is because my brain was getting used to the excessive amounts of dopamine. Honestly, I wasn't being productive either. It was almost like I was setting on fire the remaining time I have to live.

I don't think it's dopamine so much as oxytocin. Although dopamine's going to be involved somehow. This girl puts up a new video everyday and explains, god love her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcIEeUptpvM
 
So, since I'm probably not the only one wondering (I hope), wtf is ASMR?