Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: I'm looking for a replacement textbook for the one given to me in class

1. Oct 14, 2007 #1
    I'm in AP Physics right now (currently studying energy - not sure what category that falls into. Mechanics?) and I've found my textbook to be less helpful than what I thought it would be. So I'm considering investing in a new one that I could get off ebay/amazon, and the price really doesn't matter so long as it isn't extensive.

Any ideas? (And remember, this is a High School/AP course so Calculus IS involved, like basic derivatives/integrals.)

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2007 #2
    When I was in highschool I bought the Princeton Review's book designed for the Calculus based AP Physics test and did good (4 on Mechanics, 5 on E&M and my class wasn't geared toward the calc based Physics tests, only the non-calc based). It does a good job of explaining things and has a lot of practice problems.

4. Oct 15, 2007 #3
    What is the book that you are currently using?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook