1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm looking for a replacement textbook for the one given to me in class

1. Oct 14, 2007 #1
    I'm in AP Physics right now (currently studying energy - not sure what category that falls into. Mechanics?) and I've found my textbook to be less helpful than what I thought it would be. So I'm considering investing in a new one that I could get off ebay/amazon, and the price really doesn't matter so long as it isn't extensive.

Any ideas? (And remember, this is a High School/AP course so Calculus IS involved, like basic derivatives/integrals.)

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 14, 2007 #2
    When I was in highschool I bought the Princeton Review's book designed for the Calculus based AP Physics test and did good (4 on Mechanics, 5 on E&M and my class wasn't geared toward the calc based Physics tests, only the non-calc based). It does a good job of explaining things and has a lot of practice problems.

4. Oct 15, 2007 #3
    What is the book that you are currently using?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?