I'm not British or from New Zealand.

  • Thread starter Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
44 replies · 5K views
El Hombre Invisible said:
"He said that when he went to close the gate that night he heard a very low, very guttural voice say, 'Here chicky, chicky, chicky...'"

Could have been a fox pretending to be a zoobie?
There are a lot of foxes in San Diego. I frequently go down to the beach to oogle them.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
zoobyshoe said:
There are a lot of foxes in San Diego. I frequently go down to the beach to oogle them.
Alas, fox-hunting is now banned here. [sniff] Still, there are more chicks around thanks to that.
 
El Hombre Invisible said:
Alas, fox-hunting is now banned here. [sniff] Still, there are more chicks around thanks to that.
Many chicks are foxes, and that is why zoobies volunteer to guard the hen house.
 
Daniel Webster once said:
"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."


I haven't been there sense his nose kinda fell off :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
hypatia said:
Daniel Webster once said:
"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Actually, he said it twice. Just no-one was listening the first time. Anyway, reminds me of a fertility clinic I once saw... Hung out a huuuuge baby. Didn't work cos everyone thought it was Buddha. They spent so long throwing out dancing, singing men in orange tunics that they couldn't run the service. Eventually they just turned it into a temple. Don't know what they did with the sperm bank.
 
hypatia said:
I haven't been there sense his nose kinda fell off :rolleyes:
Now I know what you're talkin' about.

It was his chin, fell off, not his nose. A relative sent me a newpaper clipping with a picher. I understand his chin had been coming loose for several decades and was being held on with steel cables. Some sort of big storm was the final straw.
 
Holy Cow ! Dictionary.com says that 'incidently' is a real word. That website is so full of cr@p !
 
zoobyshoe said:
I'm not British or from New Zealand.

You're from 'Zoobie Brush Shelter' silly.
 
zoob said:
I'm discovered! I confess! I'm an American!

The first step to overcomeing a problem is admiting it.
 
Gokul43201 said:
Holy Cow ! Dictionary.com says that 'incidently' is a real word. That website is so full of cr@p !
Oh, it's supposed to be incidentally! That just seems too toothy.
 
El Hombre Invisible said:
I really do talk a lot of arse.

True, but it's entertaining arse, so please continue :biggrin:
 
matthyaouw said:
True, but it's entertaining arse, so please continue :biggrin:
I'm afraid it's the morning after and I'm the effects of red wine have passed. Only sober, sensible posts from me today. Well... sober.