Image formation and magnification for an object at 2f from a diverging lens

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Jfhebb
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
An object is placed two focal lengths from a diverging lens, (a) What kind of image forms? (b) What is the magnification? (c) Where is the image?

I am pretty sure the image is virtual, as for (b) and (c) I have no idea what to do.. Looking for some help, thanks in advance..


(a) I am pretty sure it is virtual
I am not sure what to do for b or c, I know we are looking for the Si for c, and as far as b goes I am not sure what magnification formula to use as we are given no values.
(b)
(c)
Thanks in advance,
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The object distance do is 2f, focal length is f. Find the image distance di using relevant equation. It should be less than f. Magnification = di/do