Image not being displayed

• Thread starter OmCheeto
  • Start date
In summary, there was a conversation regarding not being able to view a posted image on the first attempt, but it rendered without issue after being quoted. Monique was able to see the image after refreshing the page, and there may have been a problem with the {CENTER][/CENTER} tags. It was also noted that the image was hosted on a site from Iran and there was speculation that it may have been a caching issue. A possible cause for the issue was suggested as the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) feature of the Linksys router.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
Drizzle, Monique, and I were not able to view Lisa!'s image, on our first attempt.

Lisa! said:
http://images2.persianblog.ir/506348_yLNk4zTp.jpg

After I quoted her image, it rendered without a problem.

Monique says she was able to see the image after refreshing the page.

I don't see an obvious coding problem, except for possibly the {CENTER][/CENTER} misplacement.

{QUOTE=Lisa!;4737510]{CENTER][/CENTER}{IMG]http://images2.persianblog.ir/506348_yLNk4zTp.jpg[/IMG}[/QUOTE}

Is it just us?

Physics news on Phys.org
There appears to be a problem with the site hosting the picture, I can't even get that url to load when I paste it into my browser.

Not loading in Firefox...

Evo said:
There appears to be a problem with the site hosting the picture, I can't even get that url to load when I paste it into my browser.

hmmm... Perhaps Monique and I broke through during the correct moment, and the images are cached.

ps. Why is Lisa! posting pictures from Iran?

checks out Lisa!'s "about me" tab:

Country
Get stuck between hell and heaven!

Lisa! Sho macha tori! :smile:

I had a similar problem with Tinypic some time ago and figured it was their site that couldn't handle the packet size being received.

The Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) feature of your Linksys router is an advanced configuration that allows you to determine the largest data size permitted on your connection. Generally, if your MTU is too large for the connection, your computer will experience packet loss or dropping Internet connection.

http://kb.linksys.com/Linksys/GetArticle.aspx?docid=fbf8e8564632422eaa8ea80bf9dcba64_386.xml&pid=8

1. Why is the image not being displayed?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to an error in the HTML code, an incorrect file path, or a problem with the image itself. It's important to check the code and make sure the file path is correct before troubleshooting further.

2. How can I fix the issue of the image not appearing?

First, check the HTML code to make sure the image tag is correctly written and the file path is accurate. If the code is correct, try reloading the page or clearing the cache on your browser. If the issue persists, the image file itself may be corrupted and will need to be replaced.

3. Can my browser affect the display of images?

Yes, the browser you are using can have an impact on how images are displayed. Different browsers may have different rendering engines or settings that can affect the display of images on a webpage. It's always a good idea to test your website on different browsers to ensure compatibility.

4. Could the image not being displayed be caused by my internet connection?

It's possible that a slow or unstable internet connection could prevent images from loading properly. If you are experiencing issues with other websites or images, it's likely an issue with your internet connection. Otherwise, it could be an issue with the website or image file itself.

5. What should I do if the image is still not appearing after trying the above solutions?

If the image is still not being displayed, try using a different image file or re-saving the image in a different format. Make sure the file name does not contain any special characters or spaces. If the issue persists, it may be a problem with the server hosting the image, and you may need to contact your web hosting provider for assistance.