Imagine you were spinning in space

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of being the only object in space and the effects of spinning at a high velocity. The participants mention the non-inertial nature of rotational frames and how it would be possible to feel a G force even without any external reference points. They also bring up the idea of blood being pushed towards the center of rotation and the potential challenge of calculating the necessary RPM to counteract this force.
Julian T Gr8
You are the only object in space. Nothing else:

If you spin around really really fast, like 500rpm or whatever, would you be able to tell that you were in fact spinning around your self? There's no ebjects around you to relate to. But would you feel a G force, like with blood rushing to your head?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Rotational frames are non-inertial, so yes, you don't need any reference frame other than yours to tell that you are spinning.

yes, consider a blood molecule in your foot, as you spin it wants to maintain its velocity and go straight tangetial to the circle , but the normal force of the wall of your vein keeps it spinning. but a blood molecule in your knees would be forced to your feet until it found a contact force to keep it spinning,

this sounds fun I might decide to be irresponsile and waste some time figuring out what rpm would be needed for blood not to be pushed in from your extremities.

ok that's a hell of a problem, no time, but yes I believe youd feel it even at constant rotational velocity

1. What would happen if I were to spin in space?

If you were to spin in space, you would continue to spin indefinitely since there is no force to slow you down. This is due to Newton's first law of motion, which states that an object in motion will stay in motion unless acted upon by an external force.

2. Would I feel any different spinning in space compared to on Earth?

Yes, you would feel very different spinning in space compared to on Earth. This is because the force of gravity on Earth is responsible for the sensation of being pulled towards the ground, while in space there is little to no gravity to create this sensation.

3. Is there any danger in spinning in space?

There is no inherent danger in spinning in space, but it could potentially cause disorientation or nausea for some individuals. Also, if you were to spin too fast, you could potentially become dizzy and lose your sense of balance.

4. Would I be able to stop spinning in space?

Yes, you would be able to stop spinning in space by using an external force to slow down your rotation. For example, if you were to grab onto something or use a thruster to counteract your spin, you would eventually stop spinning.

5. How does spinning in space affect the human body?

Spinning in space can affect the human body in several ways. It can cause motion sickness and disorientation, as well as changes in blood flow and fluid distribution due to the lack of gravity. Long-term spinning in space can also lead to muscle atrophy and bone density loss.